or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Well, we both learned something new today - both of us now know that there are two Rubicon Rivers in entirely different countries.
 Didn't realise that there was a Rubicon River in Victoria, too.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Rubicon
 Alea jacta est.  It helps if you've got the XIII Legion with you.
Speaking of engraving the case-back on a JLC Reverso, this was in a recent article on Hodinkee:       A watch made for a king who was never crowned...
 A Kingswood. Definitely a Kingswood. Or maybe a Premier, if he wanted the front bucket seats and dual headlights.
  Can you get the inside info on when the Model III is due and how much it's going to cost in Australia? ;-)
 I can't give you any advice on pricing, but definitely go and try the Pelagos first before you decide whether or not to get one.  I was really attracted to it, but I found that it was just too large for me - but then I'm typically used to lower profile watches of 36 - 38mm diameter.  It's a great watch, but may not be for everyone because of its diameter (actually not that unusual in these days of oversized watches) and its thickness. 
 Yes, thank you, SartodiNapoli.
 If you're really set on that style of watch, then you could either consider a Tudor Pelagos or, for a more vintage look, a Tudor Black Bay Noir. Otherwise, if you really want a Submariner, look for a very lightly used Sub in good condition. Here are a few that are available now, from a watch store that has branches in both Brisbane and...
  I thought that you were Dopey, not Sleepy!