or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

It is frustrating. I'd love to pick up the green-and-white university stripe OCBD and a pink OCBD but, as you say, they never seem to replenish the stock and they're out of stock for those shirts in all but one, large size.
As was said a page or so back, send a message to member "edubs01". He can obtain them for that price (plus applicable sales tax, where necessary, and shipping charges).
It's all a bit of a debacle, really.I think that a little bit of confusion over claims by Gianni stems from his (apparently) poor command of English and his possible use of Google translate or similar, as some people appear to think that he's saying that some of the silks are 70 or 80 years old whereas it seems more to me that he's saying that his vintage silks were made by hand as they made them 70, 80 or 100 years ago.However, there are certainly questions to be answered...
I can't believe that people have just spent several pages discussing "Alan Smithee".
Agree on the Uniqlo linen shirts. Polo shirts are also good and I tend to live in Land's End and Uniqlo polo shirts, Uniqlo linen shirts and old Uniqlo OCBD shirts over summer.Uniqlo chino shorts are fine, although not as durable as Land's End's chino shorts. Whereas the LE shorts are made from thicker, durable chino fabric that softens and fades over time and lasts for years, the Uniqlo chino shorts are made from thinner fabric that is soft, fine and comfortable but which...
If you're sure of your sizing, and if you can get the models online, then I'd definitely tend towards getting them online.However, if you're unsure of sizing and if you think that you'll get good service at Bucks, then I'd tend towards trying on and buying a pair there and then ordering future models online.
TUM, It's possible that they're Italian, but some of the English makers also have loafers with a more chiselled toebox, including Cheaney and C&J. Here's an example from C&J: http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/bury-darkbrown I'm not sure whether the ones in the picture are made from museum calf, or whether they've just developed some colour variation and patina through wear and polishing. It's also possible that they're from Vass or a Euro maker.
C&J Handgrade should only cost $200 more than benchgrade, although I suppose that depends upon where you live. Lobb Paris will cost about twice as much as C&J benchgrade, if I remember prices correctly, although that will again depend upon where you live. Simply put, C&J make good shoes at a decent price. I think that people on Styleforum also like the fact that they are, in general, not too fashion forward, but not too fuddy-duddy at the same time. They made...
Maybe you should look under Foxy's bed to see if he's got an extra pair of shoes under there...