or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

I'm not saying that I saw fxh doing this, but some years back I was driving near my place about lunchtime on a Sunday and, pulling up at a set of traffic lights, I noticed an old Kingswood in the lane next to me. As I idly looked over at the Kingswood, the man sitting in the front passenger seat lifted up a silver wine bladder (or "goon bag") and decanted the wine straight from the bladder into his mouth.  He then passed it over to the driver, who did the same thing! I...
 Can you send me a wee dram?  [Edited to add: I'm sure that fxh's intention is to decant the bottle into his glass and to then consume it in its entirety.]
I've noticed that lots of SW&D brands charge farcical prices for very ordinary stuff, based on name recognition.   Those $290 socks are hilarious - they look like they were made from an old t-shirt and stitched together by someone's mother so as to save money.
Shouldn't that be "Arcas", as in Corthay?
 I'm not sure if I'm that one person, but I'm interested in the Neroli Portofino.
 Absolutely - and this applies pretty much across the board. I think that a lot of watchmakers have realised that you can put a lot of decoration and a bit of other flair in a movement with a display back and perhaps use an in-house movement (even though it may be quite pedestrian mechanically speaking) and charge thousands more per watch for what is, on a per watch basis, not much more in cost at all. Also, I've heard that watch prices have risen a lot over the past...
^ External construction is interesting, but it's all a bit too barren and shed-like for my tastes.
 I can just see you wearing a pair of linen trousers with a chamois lining sewn in to the crotch!  Great on the bike, but it might look a bit awkward when you're strolling around the office.   To be serious, though, I know that Pink Socks has previously mentioned that he cycles to work.
^ Lovely. Where did you get the cognac cordovan longwing from, if you don't mind me asking? 
  Do you mean like this shoe, except on the Rain last instead of the Forest last? http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640205 By the way, for anyone interested in the lighter-coloured, Rain-last spectator above, it's available on the Carmina website, too:  http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640211