or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Nathan Rd accommodation - save more money for clothing and have an adventure at the same time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chungking_Mansions
    Come now, don't be too hard on yourself.
I normally like P.Johnson's stuff, but this is giving me nightmares:       A safari jacket in suiting fabric, with button-through flapped patch pockets, including one on a slant (inspired by Belstaff-style moto jackets, perhaps?). The popped suit jacket collar is just the icing on the cake.
Fantastic shoes - if only they were a UK9 instead of a UK7, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale.
Speaking of post-modern authors, has anyone read any of John Barth's books?   I really enjoyed "The Sot-Weed Factor" while I was at uni and subsequently read another of his novels, "Giles Goat-Boy".   I didn't enjoy Giles as much as the Sot-Weed Factor, but both were interesting and worthwhile reads. I think that they came out at around the same time as Pynchon's Lot 49.
This discussion about socks is all very strange because I've been wearing Uniqlo socks (bought in Japan) for a decade now and have never had any problems. They've been very hard-wearing, haven't stretched, haven't developed holes and have been great.   I'm wearing a pair of the finer, Supima-cotton socks today in navy. They're only six months old but I've worn them every couple of weeks and there are no signs of wear at all - no fraying, no fading, no holes.   Uniqlo's...
 Me, too. I tried once, got about half-way through and just ran out of steam. That's pretty unusual for me, as I usually push myself to read through to the end, even if the book's awful, just so that I can say that I've finished it.  I then picked it up and tried again a few years later and didn't make it much further before giving it away again.   In distinct contract to Gravity's Rainbow, I really loved Lot 49. It was the first Pynchon I read, and I raced through it. I...
^ I realise that it's subjective and that others may disagree, but in the above wrist shot, at least, that watch just looks farcically large on your wrist.
 +1. I wore mine to lunch on Melbourne Cup day here in Australia and received a lot of compliments. It's a lovely time.
 Braun were making watches back in the 1970s. Their watches were designed by Dieter Rams, who designed a lot of other of Braun's iconic, simple, plain, workmanlike designs from that period. Admittedly, I do think that Braun may well have stopped making watches for a decade or two, before re-introducing a line-up (including Rams' original, iconic designs) in the late 2000s or thereabouts.