or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

What's that bar/club that's up on top of a skyscraper, with an outdoor deck with amazing views? Actually, I think that there are a couple of them, but there's one called "Sky Bar" or something like that, which is up on top of a hotel on the 63rd floor.
 It's just my opinion, but I think that it looks horrible.  They've taken a lovely, elegant-looking watch and ruined it by filling up the face with an unattractive font (although at least it's not Arial!). Also, to me, the choice of putting the months in-between the hour markers in the way that they have done looks rather strange, as well as unattractive. 
If the sleeve length bothers you, you can do a couple of things to help.   Firstly, if you find that the longer sleeves are slipping down over your hands, you can move the cuff buttons so that the cuffs are tighter and stop at your wrist. Of course, that won't stop the bunching of fabric in the sleeves but it will make the stop at the right point.   Secondly, you can have the sleeves shortened. Get this done from the cuffs, rather than from the sleeveheads (the top...
  Lovely photos, Cox. The inscription around the tsukubai is interesting because each of the four characters uses the central, square shape as part of the character.  If you ignore the central "kuchi" (mouth) character in the middle of the basin, the other characters have no connection with or significance to each other, but when you use the central "kuchi" character as a "bushu", or radical, it changes the meaning of each kanji so that the read (from the top, going...
 That's the problem, really, isn't it? The institution of the church was more important to him - and to many others inside the church - than the actual people who were being abused.
Cardinal Pell must be one of the most incurious people on the planet.   Either that, or he's extremely obtuse for someone who is obviously an intelligent person.     He was an adviser ("consultor") to the then Bishop of Ballarat, with the responsibility (along with others) of advising the Bishop on moving priests to other positions. It's proven that several other people, including the then-Bishop, knew that former priest Gerald Ridsdale was a paedophile and Pell was...
 I'd certainly be interested in a few pairs. If you'd rather sell them all in one go, I'll take all of them for the sake of convenience (depending on pricing). I'll send you a PM.
 Second Mimo's suggestion that you consider Heuer if you're going vintage.  The Heuer Autavia is an absolute classic, and prices have increased quite a lot over the past 5-10 years. It's pretty hard to find a good, round-cased one and the more common models are the 1970s ones with that classic, 1970s-style slightly elongated case.  The Heuer Carrera is also a classic chrono and, while is doesn't have a bezel, it has a scale (albeit without numbers) that runs around the...
 They're really quite different styles. Most of Poole's ties (the ones that aren't plain) have woven patterns, often with quite large, colourful motifs. Most of Drake's patterned ties are printed, rather than having the patterns woven.  Most SF members, as a generalisation, tend to prefer printed patterns, rather than woven patterns, as they tend to be a bit more classic and a bit less conspicuous (unless we're talking about the giant, bright pink-and-yellow printed...