or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

PP, if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting them from?  If it's a shop, could you please let me know where as I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get a pair, too.  Carmina have a very similar pair in stock at present but they're in burgundy shell and I'd much rather prefer a shade of brown.
  Calf, or shell cordovan? If cordovan, then I'd say yes. If calf, then I'd say that I, personally, would prefer the boot to be in a grain leather.
 I'd hazard a guess that simply because you employ tailors, you're not automatically able to call yourself a tailor. In any case, those tailors aren't directly employed by P.Johnson, but they're instead employed by an actual tailoring company. Using your argument, if I owned a company that subcontracted lawyers to perform due diligence and to write contracts but I have no legal training myself, could I still call myself a lawyer because we outsourced work to a law...
 I think that Patrick seems like a very nice person and P.Johnson certainly makes great products, there's no doubt about it. However, I do question whether a company that doesn't actually make anything itself but which instead outsources absolutely all of its production (not that there's anything wrong with that, a lot of places do it) aim to call itself "the best tailor in the world"? After all, they're not really tailors as they're not actually tailoring anything. Maybe...
At the risk of inciting even greater controversy in this thread, I just noticed this interview with Patrick Johnson in the Oz's Exec Living section:   http://www.theaustralian.com.au/executive-living/luxury/bespoke-tailor-patrick-johnson-wants-men-to-feel-at-home/story-e6frg8io-1226944011154   Some brief extracts to get the blood fired up:   "What differentiates P. Johnson Tailor from other bespoke tailors?"   ...   "When we started, our business goal was to make...
Those spray jackets, in particular, are absolutely woeful.   You can get good-looking spray jackets (for mountaineering, cycling and so on) but those certainly don't fit in that category. The piping, the odd flaps with the press-studs and so on all make it look like something you would have picked up in the bargain bin at Target in the 1980s.
 Of throwing our ties back over our shoulders? Or of using English in accordance with correct and commonly accepted usage?
 +1. Reminds me of the time that functionally illiterate people in the US were up in arms about a politician's aide using the word "niggardly".
   Definition of snigger  in English:sniggerLine breaks: snig|gerPronunciation: /ˈsnɪgə Britishverb[no object] Laugh in a half-suppressed, typically scornful way: "the boys at school were sure to snigger at him behind his back"
 I don't know if they are made by Gallo, but Kent Wang stocks pretty much identical bicolour knit ties that are very good indeed. I've been wearing my blue-brown bicolour knit from Kent Wang at least once a fortnight for the past few years. http://www.kentwang.com/ties?cat=47