or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

At the risk of sounding dim, what's "Arial" and why shouldn't it be used?
  Very nice indeed. If only TAG Heuer had kept on making designs like this, instead of most of the overly large, blingy models that they make nowadays.  There's a very good reason why classic Heuers from the 1960s and 1970s (Carrera, Autavia, Monaco, Silverstone etc) keep on increasing in value whereas most people who like watches regard modern TAG Heuers as decidedly pedestrian.   You can get them quite cheaply, as firenze_rob noted, although the re-issue isn't that...
  It's a VC, so it's very well-made, but the bezel and lugs really don't do anything for me at all. The bezel, in particular, leaves me cold. I don't really like the date placement, either, although that's not a deal-breaker like the bezel shape. If I was looking for a similar watch, I'd be much more attracted by the IWC Ingenieur, which you can get with a blue dial:  http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/ingenieur/IW323909/  Like the VC, it's anti-magnetic. You can also get it...
  I quite like the chair, but this magazine or book stand looks silly, as well as extremely impractical. I'd rather stack my books and magazines on the floor, like all the cool people do! 
 That's a pity to hear, as I really like the look of the pie-pan dial. I'll have to check them out "in the metal", so to speak, when I get the chance although the dismal, dismal state of the Australian dollar at present means that they'll be very expensive down under.
 I think that it was resurrected last year, as I'm sure that they had a couple of trunk shows in Tokyo and NY (maybe at Leffot) over the past year. Also, wasn't the revived Stefano Bemer company behind one of the big get-togethers at the last Pitti? There was a gathering where they had a symposium of tailors, including one or two from Savile Row, talking to an audience, as well as a dinner and drinks function? I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Pitti...
 The ties look very nice, Betel. I'm a big fan of HC's Sozzi knits, in particular. 
Your products look very nice indeed, and it's particularly nice to see fine stitching, with a good number of stitches per cm.   Have you ever made a tri-fold wallet and do you think that it is something that you could potentially do?
 I posted a few thoughts on potential wallets a little while back: http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/63660#post_7994124   Of course, there's always other UK brands such as Robertson Jessel, Aspinal and no doubt others, in addition to Ettinger but with the painfully low Australian dollar, it may well be cheaper to purchase locally. 
 That reminds me of this YouTube clip (entirely safe for work, I hasten to add):