or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

^ That is brilliant. Unfortunately, my cat is very nervous around our Roomba, otherwise I'd try to train him to ride on it.    There's another clip somewhere around - maybe of the same cat - riding on a Roomba chasing a duck around a kitchen. It's very surreal.    Edited to add - looks like the same cat:  
 Yes. Cats + leather =  scratches, but on the positive side, less vacuuming of furniture required. Cats + fabric furniture = lots of brushing or vacuuming. Thankfully, we have wooden floors and a Roomba, so vacuuming the floor is quick and simple. 
 No, I've just been reading this forum for much too long, so I've seen all the dramas surrounding "Salva" and his pents over the years!  Here are a few samples: - The "commercial management" of Ambrosi (ie Salvatore) creating a thread on SF to apologise to people who've been waiting a long time for their pants, and then insulting customers including Mafoofan and calling him an oval-headed dwarf (yes, really): http://www.styleforum.net/t/237582/ambrosi-napoli - A thread...
HC, I agree that Andrew seems like a really nice fellow. I've corresponded with him a little bit and he's very polite, thoughtful and pleasant.    The trousers are tight, although I've noticed that Andrew seems to like slim-cut trousers and shirts that are tighter than I'd personally like. I also noticed the pleats pulling open, even when Andrew was standing still without his hands (or anything else, by the look of it) in the pockets. I wouldn't expect that from a pair...
 That's because you're not Mafoofan. 
 The interesting thing about Ambrosi is that he doesn't seem to discriminate - the only thing that seems to get him to produce his trousers on time is partnering with some other company in a trunk show, such as The Armoury.  Other than that, you can be a first-time customer, you can be a repeat customer who's purchased 10 pairs of trousers from him (see Mafoofan as an example), you can be a blogger (also see Mafoofan, see A Timeless Man), you can be someone of influence on...
   Probably not, as I have a psychological issue with paying that much for a pair of trousers. As an aside, although it would sound very odd to most people to pay $1300 for a pair of odd trousers, if anyone's bought a suit that cost $3000 or more, then they've paid that much for a pair of trousers, as it's a general rule that the trousers account for about 40% of the price of a suit, and the jacket accounts for the balance of the amount. 
Re: Buying a watch in Asia.    I don't have much experience with watch-purchasing in Asia, but I do frequently visit Tokyo and I can say that bargaining is not common there. If you're buying multiple items, you'll sometimes be offered a discount but it's more common to be offered something extra, instead of a discount. For example, when I bought a camera and a couple of lenses in Tokyo some years ago, the camera store threw in a compact tripod and a Canon camera bag as a...
  I really hope that typo was deliberate, Cox!! 
 Yes, I saw that. He also posted a comment over on the Ambrosi thread here on SF. I'm very glad that the trousers finally arrived, and that Andrew's very happy with them.  It's good to see that Andrew mentioned his experience with Ambrosi, as well as the trousers, because a lot of bloggers do tend to skip over the less pleasant aspects of a transaction and only mention the positive points or, at the very least, downplay the negatives.  Personally, whilst I'm sure that...