or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Sorry to sound dim, but if you say that a house of 500 square feet cost $300 a square foot to build, would that include everything involved in construction? In other words, would a 500 sq ft house that cost $300 per sq ft to build cost a total of $150 000 to build? Because, if so, that sounds really cheap (in Australia, at least). Over here, if you buy a crappy, draughtsman-designed house that's built by a large building company, it would cost you about that much. If you...
 So does a friend of mine. He wears his DeepSea all the time - with a suit when working, with a polo shirt and shorts or jeans on weekends, while playing tennis, while swimming laps. I've never actually seen him when he hasn't been wearing it.  I assume that he takes it off when he sleeps, but I've never shared a bedroom with him so I don't know!  He's an electrical engineer by trade who now works as a consultant, so he's interested in the Milgauss as a second watch but...
  I'd love to find a pair of the Gianni boots.  How do they generally size in comparison to the Marlow wingtips? 
 It's possible - but very unlikely. 
 Sadly, I must agree with this wholeheartedly. All you have to do is look at any of a myriad of clothing sites that regular men (not us SF weirdos) look at - DMarge, GQ, Tumblr #menswear blogs and so on - and just about all you see being spruiked is overly tight, short suits with high buttoning points and high-hemmed trousers with overly narrow legs.  It's really rather depressing. 
 There's an Australian watch shop that has some used Grand Seikos in stock:  http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/watches/CategoryID/53
    Pete, with respect, I've got to disagree with your view that Simon Crompton's (of a Permanent Style blog) shirt fits well.  Here's the review from Simon's blog:  http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2013/02/burgos-of-madrid-bespoke-shirt-review.html It's too wide across the shoulders and the collar looks too small for him. I can't help but think that it's significant that he doesn't show a photo of the shirt being worn while buttoned up to the collar.  A well-made shirt...
  @wurger - As Dino and Mimo have both said, good relationships are based on honesty and trust. You can't, in all truth, have a really sound relationship if one of you is deceiving the other, even if the deception is just over a new pair of shoes or a watch, rather than over an affair. It's still deception and dishonesty.  Before you get married, you should be open with each other. Ideally - although this is subjective - you should sit down together and have a talk about...
^Thanks for the clarification, Mike. 
    No problems, and I'm glad to have been of some assistance! I noticed the shell boots on the C&J website some time back (and they've got a few other stock models in shell there, too), and so I sent an e-mail to C&J to ask about availability. I received a response from a very helpful chap named Matthias, from the C&J store in Jermyn St. He said that the Skye II would cost GPB541 plus shipping. I must admit that I'm not sure if that price includes VAT, or whether VAT had...