or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Basashi:  
 I'd be interested in knowing more about this, too, particularly with regard to width and instep height.
 That's the style nowadays. I'm not sure that those jackets could be buttoned up if they wanted to, either (instead of using a chain), as they look as though they might be too tight. Of course, that's also the style nowadays. Edited to add: I just realised that I sound rather crotchety. Clearly, I'm becoming grumpy as I slide into middle age...
    I enjoyed Eggers' autobiographical work, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" and quite enjoyed it.I didn't enjoy "You Shall Know Our Velocity", though. Like Eggers' contemporary, Jonathon Safran Foer, some of Eggers' works just try too hard to be smart. They're too self-aware, continually saying "Look at me! Isn't my post-modern prose oh so clever!". I did enjoy "What is the What", and I thought that it was well-written. When Eggers keeps his ego in check (or...
^ Those look great, @Calikid. Congrats. Did you go directly through Carmina for the MTO?
I used to have a hat like that, but unfortunately it was chewed by moths and looked rather tattered.   If I'd been as knowledgeable as I am now, I would have kept on wearing it and called it sprezzatura.
 Fixed that for you! These guys were already wearing three-piece, peak lapel suits, double monks (thankfully buckled), boutonnieres, collar pins, hats, large sunglasses and various other accoutrements.  I think that the fingerless gloves actually detracted from their outfits, rather than enhanced it. That's just my subjective opinion, though.
@Leaves - Thanks for the lacing info - that is useful and interesting.   Do you have any input into my question above, by the way? Would you happen to know what Carmina means by describing a pair of boots as "Forest - M"?   Does "M" mean medium? Or Modified?   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
^I forgot about that. Don't hold your breath waiting, though - Drew didn't specify which Monday.
 He posted one two days ago, although it was still rather light on actual details (as well as very light on an actual apology for the very lengthy delays and the near-total lack of communication over the past six months): http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-2011/43680#post_7476514 Or do you mean future updates? If so, it will be interesting to see if Drew is now going to provide regular updates or whether the above update will be a one-off.