or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

If you're looking for canvas sneakers, then you could actually do worse than checking out Country Road.  They've got unbranded, canvas sneakers on sale for $50 or so (usually $65) in a few different colours including white, navy and a greenish/olive shade. I've had a couple of pairs over the years and they're very comfortable (to me, at least) and have lasted well. They're also good to wear with and (shock, horror) without socks when visiting the beach or...
 Unfortunately, I don't think that you can get Supergas in leather, only in fabric.  (As an aside, I know that Superga did some leather shoes some time back but I haven't seen them around for a while.) If you're looking for a clean-looking sneaker but you don't want to pay Common Projects prices and you don't mind a little bit of branding, you could always look for a pair of Adidas Stan Smiths or a similar, retro pair. Nike and Puma have very similarly-styled tennis models...
I think that BuffaloWang has entirely miscalculated the type of person who typically inhabits SF. Far from being bothered about having to go shopping and select clothes, most of the people on this forum obsess over what clothes to get and spend an inordinate amount of time choosing them.   Replacing clothes isn't a hassle - it's a hobby for most people here!
 Good point. I made the point initially in response to a comment (which I thought was asinine) about how very difficult it is to take photos like Peter Lik and how he's a great artist and better than painters etc etc but I fully expected that people would be biased towards photography over other forms. I just didn't realise how persistent one person in particular would be about how photography is more difficult than painting.   Thanks for those thoughts, GF - I agree with...
 @mrchariybrown You'd probably get fewer e-mails from people about ordering if you (or Drew/someone else) updated the ToJ Tumblr. At the moment, there's a section on the Tumblr entitled "How to Order" and, immediately underneath that heading, it states: "The ordering process is simple; email templeofjawnz@gmail.com with the item you’re interested in commissioning, and we will send you a swift reply and talk about sizing and material options with you." Someone should...
 That's nothing. I once went to see a film called "The Neverending Story", but it was all over in 1hr and 45 minutes! I complained to the cinema, but they told me to speak with the studio that made the film. So I wrote to Warner Brothers to express my disgust at their blatantly false advertising and film title but I never heard anything back. I've never been to see a Warner Brothers film since then and, every chance I get, I tell people about this horrible experience and I...
^ I'm wearing that tie today. It's a great tie and anyone who wants one should definitely rush in and snap it up!
 From memory, prices of imported shoes are high in Sth Korea due to import duties (this goes for Japan, too). However, don't forget that Korean VAT will be deducted for overseas purchases.
 So, at the risk of starting another non-clothing-related discussion, in light of the alleged record price ever attained for a photo by US-based Australian photographer Peter Lik, what do people think about the challenges or difficulties of photography -v- painting/drawing (ie the relative hardness of each)?    I've been drawn into a discussion on a photography oriented discussion board, where I argued that whilst photography is an art, it's arguably foolish to place a...
^ Some sensational deals there.    Having purchased from Unipair before, I can say that their service is excellent.