or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

So does a friend of mine. He wears his DeepSea all the time - with a suit when working, with a polo shirt and shorts or jeans on weekends, while playing tennis, while swimming laps. I've never actually seen him when he hasn't been wearing it.  I assume that he takes it off when he sleeps, but I've never shared a bedroom with him so I don't know!  He's an electrical engineer by trade who now works as a consultant, so he's interested in the Milgauss as a second watch but...
  I'd love to find a pair of the Gianni boots.  How do they generally size in comparison to the Marlow wingtips? 
 It's possible - but very unlikely. 
 Sadly, I must agree with this wholeheartedly. All you have to do is look at any of a myriad of clothing sites that regular men (not us SF weirdos) look at - DMarge, GQ, Tumblr #menswear blogs and so on - and just about all you see being spruiked is overly tight, short suits with high buttoning points and high-hemmed trousers with overly narrow legs.  It's really rather depressing. 
 There's an Australian watch shop that has some used Grand Seikos in stock:  http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/watches/CategoryID/53
    Pete, with respect, I've got to disagree with your view that Simon Crompton's (of a Permanent Style blog) shirt fits well.  Here's the review from Simon's blog:  http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2013/02/burgos-of-madrid-bespoke-shirt-review.html It's too wide across the shoulders and the collar looks too small for him. I can't help but think that it's significant that he doesn't show a photo of the shirt being worn while buttoned up to the collar.  A well-made shirt...
  @wurger - As Dino and Mimo have both said, good relationships are based on honesty and trust. You can't, in all truth, have a really sound relationship if one of you is deceiving the other, even if the deception is just over a new pair of shoes or a watch, rather than over an affair. It's still deception and dishonesty.  Before you get married, you should be open with each other. Ideally - although this is subjective - you should sit down together and have a talk about...
^Thanks for the clarification, Mike. 
    No problems, and I'm glad to have been of some assistance! I noticed the shell boots on the C&J website some time back (and they've got a few other stock models in shell there, too), and so I sent an e-mail to C&J to ask about availability. I received a response from a very helpful chap named Matthias, from the C&J store in Jermyn St. He said that the Skye II would cost GPB541 plus shipping. I must admit that I'm not sure if that price includes VAT, or whether VAT had...
    I thought that it was during the shooting of Fitzcarraldo, which was also shot in South America a decade after Aguirre, that Kinski started losing it and that Herzog thought that he might be attacked? I remember reading an article that said that one of the local crew asked Herzog if he wanted to have Kinski killed and that, if so, they'd be happy to arrange it for him! I suppose that Kinski could have been crazy during the filming of both movies although, if so, it...