or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

This isn't an answer to your question, unfortunately, but I used to love visiting a little store tucked away at the back of the basement level of the Hanae Mori building on Omote-sando dori in Harajuku, in Tokyo. Regrettably, the Hanae Mori building - designed by Kenzo Tange - was demolished a few years back to make way for luxury retail and apartments.  The ukiyo-e shop was run by a little old lady who had piles and piles of ukiyo-e in cardboard folders stored on almost...
 Interesting - looks as though it will be good.  If anyone happens to be in Tokyo (or Japan in general), a new Hokusai museum opened in Tokyo late last year: http://www.curbed.com/2017/1/9/14211854/sumida-hokusai-museum-tokyo-sanaa-kazuyo-sejima There's also a dedicated Hokusai museum in Nagano Prefecture, in the middle of the main island of Honshu, about two hours outside Tokyo, that's worth a visit if you're travelling in that area. In addition to Hokusai's "ukiyo-e"...
 On the one hand, I entirely understand this view. On the other hand, from an intellectual, rather than emotional and social viewpoint, it's really very interesting and it really speaks to the power of marketing and branding and how very, very influential those two things can be. 
 I really enjoyed "Rush".  Yes, the relationship between Lauda and Rush was played up a bit too much - it did exist, but not really to the extent portrayed in the film - but the racing scenes were really well done, and Bruhl was great as Lauda.  This was my absolute favourite scene: 
 I'm not Styleternity, but he could visit Alex Pig: http://alexpig.com/
 Very true - it's meant to be oversized.  However, whenever I see it, all I can think of is how the large crown would dig into the back of my hand all the damned time! 
 Aren't these two things a little contradictory?  Have you tried on the Milano-cut Brooks Brothers OCBDs that are available in Australia? They are fairly slim and could be worth a try.  Otherwise, if you want to order from the US, you will need to use a proxy server to block your Australian address (so as to get to the US BB website) - this is easily done in Firefox, at least, by downloading an extension. You'll probably also need to use a shipping proxy service to get the...
A happy new year to all in the Australian Members thread!    I had a lovely time last night, with about 20 guests, including nine children, piling on to our back deck to celebrate the end of 2016.    I was then woken at 8:00am today by my manic next door neighbour, cleaning his back deck with a very loud blower-vac. 
 Agreed. The Sinn looks great - I really like the two-register chrono style and in this case, it's been done in a lovely, 1960s fashion.  However, to my mind, the pushers don't match the 1960s look of the watch itself. They look a bit oversized and out of place.  Other than that, though, it's a beauty.
 Tokyo in winter is a wonderful place, I can tell you. It's a curious phenomenon - as the temperature goes down, hemlines rise and the knee-high boots come out of the wardrobe.