or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Those are magnificent boots, and I wish, how I wish, that Carmina had a pair on their website like that at the moment.
    CdG might not be particularly trendy or fashionable here, but it's a very different story in Japan, where the brand is very well-known and very popular amongst younger people.  I suppose that's not so surprising, given that it was originally a Japanese clothing label started by Kawakubo Rei. CdG's flagship store is a rather futuristic looking building in the upmarket Aoyama area of Tokyo.
 I'm not a coffee snob and I find it very hard to tolerate people when they start raving on about different baristas or how they attended a "cupping" class at their local coffee roasting house, but I find it difficult to understand how a person could profess to like coffee and yet like Starbucks. To put it in StyleForum terminology, it's like saying that you like menswear, but then saying that you enjoy shopping at Men's Wearhouse.
^Serves you right for going to Starbucks!   You're lucky that you were saved from having to drink the stuff that they try to pass off as coffee.
 +1. In Japanese maps, the "backwards" (ie traditional) swastika is used to indicate the location of temples. Also, when I was travelling through Indonesia many years ago, I stayed in a little hotel called the "Swastika Bungalows". Ironically, it was located opposite the local German Consulate!  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the arms on the Nazi swastika only ever pointed in a clockwise direction (ie pointing to the right). I guess that they might seem to be...
 Naturally, if all of the people spending $50k a year on clothes, shoes and watches are wealthy, then that's fine.  I could probably have phrased things better because something that irks me about SF, as you pointed out, is the "kopping".  It's natural for people to want to be part of a group and, of course, SF is a group and there are sub-groups within the larger group of SF. Various sub-groups on SF prize various things - watches, shoes, ties, particular suits and so...
 A bit of sound detective work by PoP: http://www.miyagikogyo.co.jp/english/ocs_es.html
 I gave up on the EG thread 8722 posts ago and haven't looked at it since, as I don't want a pair of Galways and got rather tired of the folks who posted pics of their five different pairs of Galways in different combinations!  I strongly agree about the "buy, buy, buy, kop, kop, kop" atmosphere in quite a few threads.  I know that this is SF and I know that we live in a consumer society, but it freaks me out when I see people buying 30 pairs of high-end shoes in a year,...
 The same God that doesn't stop earthquakes, floods, cyclones, tsunamis and mass war and devastation? Yep, sounds like a good idea to trust your personal health to such an entity!
Interesting article comparing Mayweather's and Pacquiao's different fighting styles:   http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-a-king-mayweather-versus-pacquiao