or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

That's understandable - I hate owning up to mistakes/stuff-ups and saying sorry, too. It's awkward, embarrassing and humiliating. However, if Drew had been more up-front about delays and more communicative over the past twelve months, instead of being vague, evasive and totally unavailable at times, he wouldn't have a whole lot of customers - who have already paid him hundreds of dollars each - holding metaphorical pitchforks and flaming torches. Furthermore, the longer...
@neilz4: The backlash begins? Now it's the fault of the people that bought the jackets, rather than the fault of the person who hasn't provided the jackets that were paid for 15 or 16 months ago?   Look, I could be wrong, but as I understand it, it wasn't always like this. ToJ is/was a made-to-order business so of course you had to wait for your jacket, but the waiting period was typically (as I understand it) 3-4 months, not 15 or 16 months. Furthermore, Drew...
 Exactly. People *have* had a lot of empathy and sympathy for Drew, and all that's happened is that Drew has made empty promises and then ignored people.  As I suggested above, it's time for Drew to show some empathy for his long-suffering customers instead. If he'd been honest and open and communicated with people throughout this process, been upfront about delays, apologising for things and given reasonable estimates of completion dates, things wouldn't have got to this...
 Fok, it's entirely possible that Drew may be burnt out and tired of making jackets and, as a consequence, he wants to move on to something else. However, it's difficult to empathise with his feelings of being burnt out when he brought all of this upon himself. If he had simply stayed in touch with people, posted regular updates, and been honest and open about things, there would be far, far, far less of a problem. Sure, some people might still be antsy about waiting for...
Oli - Yes, women typically dress in a more flamboyant manner than men. You don't see many women walking around in a white shirt, grey skirt, grey jacket and black shoes.   However, that doesn't mean that they are badly dressed. You can be a bit more flamboyant and yet still be well dressed.   Most men - even very successful men - dress quite badly. Loudly striped or loudly checked shirt with open collar and no tie, but possibly with French cuffs. Black trousers, quite...
  Great to see and yes, Rene is a lovely guy. You can specify the pleat depth if you want the pleats to be deeper. I usually ask for a deep, single reverse pleat on my odd trousers. 
 I suppose that you could say that there have been two attempts by Vass, or by people stocking Vass, to enter the US market.  The first time was back in 2004 or thereabouts and was an effort by SF member AHarris and by another shoe enthusiast, Gabor Halmos. They got Bergdorf Goodman and one or two other places to stock Vass but things seemed to peter out after a year or two and Vass had no presence in the US for many years.  The second time is now, with places like No Man...
I really don't need any more ties. At all. Ever.   However, I just couldn't resist anymore and so I've just ordered the crimson flowers and the brown diamond print ties.
 Agreed. I don't have a ToJ order, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's rather sad to see this sort of thing happening once again. There have been a number of small businesses that have gained a lot of customers from SF - and which have built up a lot of good faith amongst SF members - and that have had a really good reputation for customer service, but which have suddenly gone quiet at the same time as products stopped being delivered. Unfortunately, as nature...
 That's crazy talk, on both counts. They'd want to be gold-plated for that amount of money.