or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Now that would be real sprezz! (And it could get you arrested, to boot.)
 I wonder how many genuine members register via Facebook? If you register via Facebook, does your SF membership then use your Facebook (ie your actual) name, or can you choose a pseudonym if you register via Facebook? If the former, then I can't imagine that many people at all would sign up via Facebook because, not surprisingly, most people prefer to use pseudonyms when posting on internet fora. 
The Uniqlo denim work jacket has been out in Japan for a while:   http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/goods/142003   Unfortunately, the stores near me didn't have my size when I was last in Tokyo. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick one up in the new year. 
 I don't agree with personal attacks (not that I think that you've made any of those), but as far as anything else goes, including the criticism directed at ToJ and Drew, I think that it's entirely justified and that Drew brought it entirely upon himself.  As has been said many times, by you, by me and by others, all Drew had to do right from the time that he shut down orders, was to keep communicating with people. If he'd done that, just about everyone would be fine and...
 I wouldn't go to H&M for anything at all, personally.  As Top Change said, Uniqlo makes decent OCBD and linen shirts and that would be my recommendation, too.
   Ha! No, I'm definitely not a spy.  I do, however, know someone who was one. He said that most of the time it was both boring and stressful, which sounds like a pretty unattractive combination to me.  He also had his cover blown once and was hustled out of a rendezvous by large men in plain clothes and he was then detained for several days in a small cell that was continuously illuminated by a blindingly bright light whilst loud music played continuously, but that's a...
 No - my grandfather wasn't very well educated. He spent much of his life working on the docks in London, at a time when cargo was largely loaded manually using sacks and barrows. I never met him, but I've heard that he was very strong and brawny up into his sixties, due to a life of hefting large sacks over his shoulders and running up and down gang planks. Thanks to his work on the docks, my dad's family never went short of fruit and vegetables, which was fortunate as...
 My paternal grandfather spent a couple of years in France in WWI and spent some time behind German lines living with a French farming family after he was cut off from his unit during a battle. His family thought he was dead until the British advanced sufficiently far for him to be able to rejoin his unit. Anyway, after he returned from France, he always insisted on having his meat very rare. My grandmother would apparently put the Sunday roast into the oven for a very...
     I think that it's too short, too. I suppose that you can get away with wearing a shorter jacket if you are dressed fairly casually (like the model in the photo), with an open-necked shirt and cotton trousers. However, I just don't think that it looks that flattering, despite the proliferation of short jackets in places like the #menswear feed on Tumblr. It tends to make people look a bit shrunken and lifts the pockets and the buttoning point up a bit too much (in my...
I wonder if Chuck and Jill are still involved and, if so, if their customer service skills have improved over the past few years?   http://www.styleforum.net/t/30773/more-bad-service-from-carlo-franco   If I remember correctly, Carlo Franco even made an "SF club tie" back in 2006 or 2007, before they spectacularly imploded under the weight of unfulfilled orders.   Their demise makes the current ToJ debacle seem tame by comparison.