or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Holy mackerel, that Patagonia one's expensive!  I bought a down-filled vest from Land's End a few winters ago and it's served me well. They'll probably have them on sale, too, as the weather is warming up in the norther hemisphere.  Edited to add: I think that this is probably the same as the one that I bought - it's on sale for $25.50: http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-600-fill-down-vest/id_257323
Fox,   I'm usually pretty easy-going but in a case like this, I'd ask for the jacket to be re-made, particularly as it's an unlined jacket.    Sure, it may be the fault of the alterations person that P.Johnson used, rather than P.Johnson's original tailor in Italy or wherever they may be, but it still comes down to the fact that someone contracted by P.Johnson put a hole in your new jacket and so it now has an imperfection.   Therefore, if it were me, I'd ask...
 Looks like less fun than a bordello, too.  I thought that the dining room looked alright:   However, the rest of the rooms were, quite frankly, ugly and most of them looked overly busy. 
 Look on the bright side - some people on this forum have paid more than $1000 a pair for bespoke trousers made by Ambrosi in Italy and they've waited well over six months for their trousers!  Seriously, though, it is frustrating when things that you order take a long time to be completed. I'd say that around 4-6 weeks is generally a reasonable time to wait for made-to-order clothing, particularly if the cloth needs to be ordered in for your commission. Any longer than...
 That was a thing, for a short period of time, quite a long time ago. I don't think that it's been allowed for quite a few years now. As with a lot of "OMG how funny/odd Japan is" stuff, it was blown out of proportion by foreign media. 
 Yes, Union Imperial sell good, made-in-Japan, ready-to-wear shoes for around JPY40 000 or so. From what I remember, quite a few of their models have closed-channel soles and flat, waxed laces, which you typically wouldn't see on shoes in that price range (at least, not English shoes). They've got a few lines - Prestige, Country, Premium and maybe one or two others.  The same manufacturer also makes a line of shoes called "Soffice & Solid" which were featured in "Last"...
 Really, really enjoyed The Usual Suspects and have re-watched it a few times since it came out.  Spacey's character had some great lines: "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... He's gone." "How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"
Re: Henry Carter products and images, I agree with Petepan and others.    This isn't my practice area, but I think that it would cost much more than it's worth to have a lawyer deal with things.    If they are simply using the photo as a general image of ties, then it's an honest mistake, so to speak, and getting in touch with them, letting them know that it's an image of your ties, and asking them to use a different picture that is not of your products should...
 Alright - let's look at arranging a Brisbane get-together in the city/Valley/Southbank one evening, perhaps a Thursday or Friday in a couple of weeks' time?  What do other Brisbane members think?