or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

I don't know about Suit Supply, but the Uniqlo trousers are about one-third or less of the price of Howard Yount and, unlike HY, Uniqlo is responsive, conveniently located and returns are easy if he's not happy with the trousers, whereas you can't return items to HY from overseas if they don't fit. 
Referring back to the discussion that Cox and CD started the other day, about the unfortunate neglect and downright desecration of some lovely old buildings:   http://www.domain.com.au/news/kew-mansion-bought-for-94m-to-be-demolished-20151124-gl660d/   Warning - reading the above article may cause depression. 
 FTFY.    Oooooh, burn!  Anyway, in regard to an olive-green linen shirt, I can't help you, except to say that I did have an olive-green linen shirt that was made in Australia for Country Road that I bought about 20 years ago and which lasted me very well indeed, unlike CR's current rubbish.  Uniqlo do make decent linen shirts, but they only have a light green shirt at present, not...
   Absolutely. For casual clothes, including socks and underwear, I pretty much only wear Uniqlo, with a smattering of Land's End. 
 Congrats on the weight loss - just make sure that you keep it off, rather than starting to let the pounds creep on again over time! With regard to getting your suit jackets re-cut, it's not going to be easy, nor cheap. When you lose that much weight, you'll most likely go down by a couple of suits sizes and so it will be difficult to recut your jackets and trousers to have them fit you properly. The problem, when altering jackets and trousers that much, is that they're...
I could be wrong, but I'd say that you got the wrong box for the shoes. "Nero", of course, means "black" and those most definitely aren't black.   Also, you can see very fine creases along the uppers which are typical of good-quality calf, not shell cordovan.   Therefore, whilst I could be wrong, I'd suggest that you've got a pair of chestnut-coloured calf-leather shoes, not black cordovan shoes.
 Sounds as though they got away with it for a good many years, though.    
 The Study and Prevention of Poor Dressing Society (SPPooDS)?
  This is brilliant – if only I’d thought of this:   http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/charity-that-spent-1m-on-luxury-cars-holidays-and-gambling-loses-taxfree-status-20151124-gl6v2o.html   "The Federal Court struck out an appeal from The Study and Prevention of Psychological Diseases Foundation (SPED), which was fighting the Australian Tax Office over the loss of its charity tax concessions and deductible gift recipient status for its work to study the "ideal...
Louise Edmonds (who has "cred in the luxury menswear sector" due to her "experience within retail trend analysis companies") has penned another lamentable Men's Style article for Fairfax:   http://www.executivestyle.com.au/five-finishing-touches-for-a-stylish-mans-outfit-gkx581   "A monogram adds a bespoke finishing touch to any outfit, as Dior Homme showed with this sophisticated, yet subtle, detail in their Spring Summer shirt collection."     Clearly, Ms...