or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

That's the great (well, maybe not) think about the public service - you can dress pretty much how you like and in most cases, it won't affect your chances of advancement.  I know someone who's now in the Senior Executive Service (SES) and until he was made an EL2, he used to wear battered, scuffed black Doc boots to work. Now he's changed to wearing RMW elastic-sided boots. Another person, who's now an EL1 in IT, routinely wears shorts to work, which plainly display a...
 Me, too. Also, being Panerai, it's almost guaranteed to be hideously expensive for what you get. 
  Looking on the bright side, GF, at least you already had the wine open so as to make it easier to drown your sorrows! 
I know that I really shouldn't read these Fairfax Executive Style articles, as they're bad for my blood pressure:   http://www.executivestyle.com.au/overseas-style-influencers-find-success-in-australia-gqwqnq   All I can really say is that, if these are some examples of successful "style influencers", then a) we're in deep sh!t, stylistically speaking; and b) clearly there's an opportunity for someone who is knowledgeable, well-dressed and not a complete prat to make...
 That was great - thanks for posting. 
 It looks as though it had removable buttons, as the photos show that where the buttons would normally be on the sleeves and body, there are a series of circular holes with edge stitching, where buttons could be inserted. The holes appear very similar to those used for studs on a dinner shirt. I guess that it was originally made like that so that the owner could swap over sets of buttons - gold or brass ones for one occasions, horn buttons for another occasion and so on. 
 Motherf....  I've looked at Loro Piana clothing in Japan previously, but never really paid attention to their prices. I didn't realise that they were asking such stratospheric amounts. 
 I bought a whole lot of wooden hangers from Mei +  Picchi about 10 years back and am still very happy with them:  http://www.meipicchi.com/index.php?mact=ProductManager,cntnt01,frontend_essentials,0&cntnt01product_group_id=9&cntnt01subgroup_id=35&cntnt01product_id=262&cntnt01returnid=20 I've also noticed that reputable alterations tailors will quite often have some of the wider, plastic hangers lying around so if you've got someone that you typically use for alterations,...
 It does look pretty good.  At the risk of nit-picking, though, what the heck is a star destroyer doing hovering over a castle *inside* the atmosphere of a planet?  I'm far from a Star Wars expert, but I would have thought that they'd break up in the atmosphere - they're designed to prowl around in deep space, not land on planets. 
 Fantastic recommendation, GF! I'll be sure to ask for some recommendations the next time I feel like a quick dose of salmonella!