or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

CD, it's obviously much, much easier if you've got some room to adjust from the cuff, rather than the sleevehead.  If the only option appears to be taking the sleeves up from the sleeveheads, then it will cost a fair bit. I don't know what Melbourne prices are like but, unless you can score a discount because it's being done for a business, it will cost $180 or so in Brisbane. Obviously, it should also be done by a skilled tailor rather than by someone who's more used to...
 Lovely - I'll send you a PM. Thank you very much! 
 @AndrewRogers -  if it's still available, then I'll gladly take it off your hands as I've been meaning to order a copy for myself. 
 If Dr Phil can do it, then so can I!  Seriously, though, I think that it's just good sense - concealment and deceit aren't good in a simple friendship, let alone in a marriage that is supposed to be between equals. 
 Stuff the Bentley - get a Lambo: http://www.lamborghini.com/en/masterpieces/lm002/
 This is, clearly, a subjective issue. Personally, however, I don't think that getting married whilst concealing financial information from your spouse is a good thing and, by and large, I don't think that it's likely to contribute to a long and happy relationship. To my mind, openness and communication are much more likely to lead to a successful marriage, even though it may mean that you won't be able to purchase as many luxury goods for yourself.   Ah, the old shaggin'...
 When I was a teenager, I did ponder whether it would be possible to get away with buying a Lamborghini Countach and living in it, instead of buying a house and driving a Toyota...
 Can a watch be made "entirely by hand"? I'd think that machinery would be pretty heavily used in the manufacture of a watch, although the finished parts could all be assembled by hand. I think that a desire to have things made by hand, including watches, comes back to the desire that some people - including a lot of us here on SF - have for the idea of "authenticity" and, when we think of authenticity, we like to think of things made by skilled artisans in small...
 Exactly! The odd thing, though, is that some of these patina-enthusiasts like to talk about how "authentic" the watch is. Sure, it's had a lot of authentic experiences - but not with them! As you say, it's like getting pre-distressed jeans. Of course, large watchmakers have picked up on this trend and are now releasing vintage-styled models with yellowed lume on the markings, so that it looks as though the watch has an old, tritium dial that has yellowed over time, like...
^Looks very nice.   No mirrors, I assume, just the wooden doors?