Posts by Journeyman

I'll see if I can shoot it to you via PM today.    Fixing a horizontal crease behind the collar usually isn't that difficult, as far as I know. It's a matter of detaching the back of the collar, moving up the excess fabric and then stitching the collar back down again.  I'll have a think about it, but you'd probably be fine taking it to what used to be Ashley & Schreder. Bob Schreder retired late last year and I can't remember what it's called now, but the lady who was in...
^ I really enjoyed it. I took my children (aged 9 and 11) and they enjoyed it, too.   I was a bit concerned that they might be bored by the frequent meetings, but they found it both interesting and amusing.    As for me, I found it to be an interesting insight into the way that the Japanese government works.
 Have a look at Andy Hayler's blog for some good, upmarket dining recommendations in Tokyo - you can filter by country and city.  http://www.andyhayler.com/ If you're interested, I can send you a Word file with some thoughts on Japan that I've compiled over the years.  I really like Meiji Jingu and it's possible to walk from Meiji Jingu, through the woodland and parkland surrounding it and then along suburban streets to Shinjuku. I haven't done it for some years, but I...
 This is, admittedly, a very small sample group but a few friends and colleagues of mine have purchased made-to-order suits from Institchu and they all, without exception, look very ordinary. They were all quite poorly-fitting - too small/tight in some places and too large in others.  I have no idea, though, whether they were measured up by a person or a scanner. 
 Have a look at a few other UK websites, particularly companies that also do more formal wear (Royal Ascot etc) as they'll have a range of double- and single-breasted waistcoats in light colours - buff, pale blue, dove grey and so on.  The disadvantage, of course, is that you won't be able to try it on before buying.  One place that springs to mind is Pakeman Catto & Carter: http://www.pakeman.co.uk/category/223/Formal_Waistcoats You can also get vintage stuff from Savile...
 Interesting, and this illustrates how subjective this sort of thing can be.  I really like Tuscan Leather although my wife took a little while to get used to it - when I first wore it, she said that I smelled like a fire in a Chesterfield couch factory.  However, I find Tobacco Vanille to be too sweet and cloying. I hope that it would "dry down" into something that I liked more, but it didn't (to my nose, anyway) - it always remained too sweetish. 
  They look nice.  Are they wholecut boots, Justin, or is there a seam running down from the bottom of the inside elastic gore? 
 Only if you're a masochist!  I've never bought anything from them, but I've chatted with the staff there on a few occasions. I also know several people who are past customers and none of them have particularly good stories to tell.  The Cloakroom staff are nice but I think that the business is a triumph of style over substance. They have done a very good of marketing themselves - outfitting the Qld Reds rugby team, getting write-ups in the fashion/style pages of local...
 Here's another article, this time from the Brisbane Times: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/retail/herringbone-rhodes--beckett-join-retail-carnage-20170207-gu7gow.html I agree that a lack of vision and unwillingness to diversify hurt them the most, at least in my eyes. Herringbone used to have some really fantastic stuff but over the past 3-4 years, Van Laack essentially leached it of quality and colour until it became almost identical to its slightly cheaper...
 In short, no, and no. I think that the only store that sells Alden in Australia is Double Monk in Melbourne and they charge a pretty penny - you'll pay $900 upwards for a pair!  There's not much of note in Brisbane. Mitchell Ogilvie has some decent brands but, as with elsewhere in Australia, you'll pay a lot for clothes there.  The Gold Coast has your usual selection of luxury boutiques and duty-free stores if you like Hermes/LV/Gucci etc but nothing notable that I can...