or Connect

Posts by Douglas

I am the best person; ergo, my practices are the best practices.quod erak destrada
It's amazing, what an opportunity blown by incompetence. It's like Pepsi not being able to capitalize when Coke told everyone to fuck off.
I like the "vote with your lady smarts, not with your lady parts" bit.
very sorry to hear this.
I just got out of an exit meeting with a team of government auditors. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, seeing, hearing, and watching these guys in action is enough to make any thinking person want to blow their brains out. What absurd waste and inefficiency these people lord over, propagate, and leave in their wake.
Does the $128mil not include TV contract revenue? I mean, you can dick around with the numbers somewhat, but we're talking about valuing a company here, if the $500mil number is anything near correct, at 4x sales!not that I disagree that the bubble is probably not going to burst too soon, but sheesh, this is heady territory.
I met an executioner once. I was in a service organization in high school that also brought in interesting speakers to come talk to us. The facilitator later was accused of being a pedophile, which was pretty much commonly known by all the guys that were members (it was an all-boys "club") but he was also a local judge. I am as close as I could possibly be to 100% certain he never touched anybody, but it was not uncommon for him to invite people to play tennis at his...
Not that I have many facts, but I'm not so sure I believe this (the bolded).It's obvious that many of them have been incredible investments in terms of their value appreciation. But a lot of things point to them not throwing off cash, at least not in a lot of markets/circumstances. In the normal private equity world, a company might be worth, what, 4-5x, maybe on the high end for a growing tech company with a public exit strategy (and these aren't so), 8x or even 10x...
I'm not so sure I buy that the team would sell at a discount. Insofar as the "forced" timing might be artificially creating supply, ultimately the fact is that the number of franchises is limited and I don't see how it's really any different than if it were coming available for any other reason. Besides, if there are two bidders, all bets are off. The only potentially truly damaging info is the knock the brand has taken as a result of the comments, but even that could...
uh oh, maybe i am wrong. :/