or Connect

Posts by Douglas

With the weather getting hotter again I am reminded again of my long-held lament that skirts are not considered male-appropriate clothing in most of the western world. Particularly on hot summer days, it just seems like it would be incredibly cool and comfortable for weekend wear. I'll cop to some interest in the sartorial possibilities as well. With more androgynous and gender-neutral themes playing out socially and politically, I figure there may be some designers out...
Also, pB was joking.
I have two reactions to this:1 - There was no need to take this as a personal attack on you. You are free to comment however you like; you will see there is this sort of discussion even in quality threads, and on the whole, there is nothing wrong with it. There was no beef with you.2 - Yet at the same time, the spectacular lack of sound reasoning in your post, which completely misses my point, and fails to counter any of the substantive points made, is endemic of the...
The Rookie on ABC Family. I cannot watch that movie and not cry when he gets called up. Legit cry, my voice gets shaky and big wet tears stream down my face. I have never cried at another movie, ever, but I cry to that scene. Every. Time.
I'd go with 1. Impress on her that you'd kill for the opportunity, and tell her why, but tell her from a company-centric point of view. "I bring X experience and I think I can create value by Z. I thought it was odd that I had been screened out by the portal and when you followed up it reinforced my feelings." if you get caught in a lie you're cooked. it's possible you might get away with it but if you don't you get her caught up in your BS and that's a spectacular...
You have such a Yankee-centric view of the world. Here is what he said, after his team won the game and he was still being asked about Tanaka after being asked about it all day:What he said was hardly disparaging of Tanaka - it was more about the Tanaka talk. And it's true. You beat a team and you're being asked again, after being asked all day, about how great he was? Saying he had been "made a fool of" at the plate is a bit of a stretch too - he swung and missed a...
it's the pissing you off thread. if you don't like it, find another thread.
Disagree. MGM and heismatt and Manton and others were cooking really amazing food a couple years back and it didn't dissuade amateurs like me. It encouraged me to post and learn; it was part of the community that made the place great. Some WAYWRN posters are great, and others suck, and it never has dissuaded posting in there.