or Connect

Posts by MarcellHUN

Edit. Below is my response to Marcell's announcement. Here is the thread in question. It is a complaint about customer service. The customer eventually went to arbitration after months of unfruitful correspondence, and there was a settlement in his favor: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=171190 I'm closing this thread, and moving it to general, since there is no more to be discussed As a policy, we do not remove negative customer reviews at the request of a...
Quote: Originally Posted by LynahFaithful I'm wearing them today in fact. Still thinking about what to do next. Hope all is well. Well.. I am visiting NYC most probably in September - why don't we meet and we can find it out together...
Quote: Originally Posted by LynahFaithful Mighty fine looking pair of cognac wholecuts Marcell. They wear pretty well too! Thank you Sir! I am glad to hear this!
Well, I wish that my grandpa would be here and I would be still an apprentice with him...
Sorry for the quality - I will make some better photo soon. And... just looking the date - I might revise my guess about 1876, when Koronya workshop has started (this is what I show in my logo). This shows a much earlier date... This document got into my hand 2 days ago btw.
OK, one more thing - the father of my great-great grandfather's journey book (or whatever it is called) from 1844. From this picture on these two pages and the fact that the revolution has started 4 years after this - you can guess his (and all other master's) national and professional pride...
Quote: Originally Posted by JJGooden Classic and elegant. Well done. What type of pricing are you thinking about? Well, this is still a question, but I guess around 1000.
I don't think that would be a good idea. Legends shouldn't be born like this. I believe that competition just happened, as the two cities were relatively close and this craft was highly appreciated in both.
Well, once I had a customer contacted me, requesting a triple sole shoe - it is theoretically possible, but bending that sole.. that could be a problem. So, when we started the conversation about the details, I realized, that he wants a double sole, but somehow, he counts the welt as an insole. So now I am smarter, and always educate customers, before they come up with details. This is a simple sole, but some of my bespoke customers want's half midsole - so I do those...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl according to the Vass-book(p. 62, 64), there was sort of a rivalry between this two capitals of shoemaking. so each of them developed an unique style, which made them distinctive. i'm pretty sure marcell has an anecdote handy... I can find some out if you want.. I guess it was about making their shoes different from the those shoemakers of the other city. Anyway... it was a nice competition -...