or Connect

Posts by pwhinson

I hate all the condescending remarks in this thread which is why I think alot of newcomers visit Styleforum and never come back.  To your question, I think RTW is perfectly fine depending on your body type and whether a suit can be easily tailored to fit same. Neiman's First Call sale began yesterday and there are some great bargains to be had even in relatively conservative blues and grays. Check both the website and visit your local store. Zegna also makes great navy and...
I'm not sure this is the correct thread for this question (it has no specific relation to fit but it does have to do with tailoring).  I recently received via Sierra Trading Post a heavily discounted Isaia jacket.  On the underside of the upper lapel notch, the small bit of fabric which is generally pressed under and sewn/tacked down underneath the lapel is missing from this jacket.  Its the first Isaia jacket I've seen without this detail.  Also the button's "kind of"...
Thanks for the tip. I used a bit of black cordovan creme on them and the back of a spoon. Problem solved. 
Thanks Patrick - I'm perfectly happy with the boots otherwise.  I didn't want to "out" you as the source of the boots but I'm glad to know that this isn't a bit of excess polish mucking up the surface of the shell.  I'm used to the gray color variation particularly on black shell and my concern was more the surface texture.  I will say vigorously brushing the vamp did make this condition far better so perhaps with wear and repeated brushing the surface texture will get...
I purchased a pair of Rider boots second hand and there is some creasing on these boots however with most of my shell I don't get creasing per se; rather as they break in and stretch a bit I get the typical smooth "rolls" typical of shell.  In this case there is some surface texture that no matter how vigorously brush, I can't seem to get rid of.  I'm reluctant to strip them with renomat (I have some on hand but I've never used it on Cordovan).  Any ideas how to get rid of...
AS is correct.  Wasn't a good fit for me.
Atlanta BB Lenox doesn't keep any EG on hand unfortunately. They've recently expanded the Perimeter store but they don't keep any EG in stock there either. The only vendor for EG here in Atlanta is Sid Mashburn. They do offer great customer service but their selection is very limited. For example they don't offer the EG double monk which is somewhat baffling to me. 
Keep in mind also that any Brooks Brothers store can have the Galway and the other makeups they regularly stock transferred to any of their locations anywhere in the US. Here in Atlanta, they were happy to transfer in two models (a single monk strap in (nutmeg?) suede and the Asquith in cloud).  You can see what they normally stock on their website. I purchased the Asquith last Thursday during BB's 30%-off-everything corporate sale for just under $945 including EG...
End of a day at work. (pardon the lousy photography).    [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]
Whoa Nellie.  No pun intended.  Why are they doing opera in March anyway?  All I need are flowers and a hat and I'd be ready for the Easter parade. In Lent yet.  In lieu of my peak lapel white linen dinner jacket and other such attire.......  (the color of the jacket show differently in these photos; I would say its somewhere in the middle of all three). (Brioni jacket, Peter Millar shirt, Brooks tie, generic Saks white twill pants, Lobb in lapis museum calf.)   ...