or Connect

Posts by Coronaeus

Doesn't the lack of love tend to revolve around the fact that at retail, Church's tend to be a little more expensive than similar options?  I have a pair of post Prada Diplomats that are very nice. I got them new but at a discount.  At full retail I'd probably save a few bucks and buy Carmina.  Nothing wrong with new Church's at all though.
Curious about your thoughts on Spier and Mackay.   I've found the measurements to be very accurate from the first go. Any fabric from their middle and lower offerings is pretty awful, however, and I've had at least 1-2 buttons fall off of all 6 shirts I've purchased by the 5th wear.  I like that they are local and I can see the fabrics in person and discuss any small changes to the shirts I order.  I don't ever plan on using them again unless they are running an "any three...
My first thought, whenever I see a ridiculously high balance on a bank receipt, is that the persopn just sold some of their investment holdings.  I know I don't always make an investment purchase at the same time/day as I make a sale, and the monies sit in my chequing account for a couple days.  I bet if you took a look at a receipt from the same account a week later, much of that would balance would be off earning a handsome return somewhere.   All things aside, a...
Thanks for the replies to my shirt queries.     I guess the source of my question concerning possible "formality" differences between solid and striped OCBDs comes from the fact that I find it more difficult to pair a striped OCBD with the odd jackets I own, than I do with solids.  Because my odd jackets tend to have texture and pattern, I worry that striped OCBDs will clash unflatteringly, especially when a tie is added to the mix.   I'd love to see good...
I've been following, and enjoying this thread for some time.  Much interesting opinion and advice.   I've been pondering a question along similar lines for a while now.  I don't own any "in-between" shirts.  My shirts are either OCBD, or more refined cotton with a spread collar.  What place do non-Oxford Cloth button down shirts or Oxford Cloth shirts that do not button down have in ones wardrobe?  How formal (and versatile) would the former be considered?       Also, and...
I'm in Ontario.  The LCBO received 1404 6-pack gift boxes (i think that is what i read).  They spread these around to a fair number of outlets.  It is likely that many of these were held back for employees because numbers from the sold-out locations do not seem to be adding up.  Some outlets have had as few as 30 gift boxes.     There was also an article in the Toronto Metro free paper about the Queen's Quay location selling out in 4 minutes! People read this and want to...
I got my Westvleteren 12 gift box this morning.  What a circus!     I arrived at the store at around 6:30 AM (store opened at 9:00 AM) and was the 26th person in line.  The guy at the head of the line had been camping out since 1:00 AM.  By 7:30 AM there were more than 200 people waiting.  At 8:20 it was announced that the store had 56 gift boxes.  Quite the groan could be heard.   The store manager handed out chits to the first 56 people in line, but many others...
I was lucky enough to have some Westvleteren when i was in Belgium for a wedding a few years back (green, blue and yellow).  My expectations were very high.  It lived up to its billing.   I'll have to keep my eye out for the Westvleteren if it indeed finds its way to the LCBO.  I'm assuming Summerhill or Queen's Quay will be where one can find it?   I'm hoping the new Austrian Trappist beer will be available over here soon.  I haven't heard anything about it...
This sounds good.  I picked up a bottle earlier today and will give it a go tomorrow.     I'm enjoying a bottle of La Trappe Quadrupal this afternoon.  
Most decent Ontario reds are priced far too high to ever be worth buying.  I enjoy some of the Pinot's from Prince Edward County (Keint-He, Karlo, Norman Hardie) but at $40+ they just aren't worth it considering what you can get for a similar price from elsewhere.  I've also enjoyed a couple of the Pinot's from Le Clos Jordanne (several years ago), but again, at $45+ they are hard to justify.