or Connect

Posts by JulianL

Wow! The fiddleback waist is the main reason I've been going Top Drawer. If would be big news if that feature was coming in for regular MTO but if it's there on RTW as well then that seems like huge news to me. I also note that the fiddleback in the picture is more of a pointy v shape similar to a G&G fiddleback rather than the more u-shaped fiddleback that has been on all the EG Top Drawer that I've seen. Is this another piece of news in the picture, EG going to a...
 It's also my understanding that the 888 (and the 82) were designed by Tony G and exactly the same 2 + 2 arithmetic occurred to me when I saw the 890 announcement. - Julian
 Wow. That's a big hike in Top Drawer prices. I placed an order for a Shannon in March this year, after the 2013 round of price increases, and that was £1,550 inc VAT including metal toe taps. I was also going to place an order for a regular shoe at the same time but I deferred that order while I tried to resolve on my heel slip issue on my previous TD order. Had I placed the shoe order that would have been £1,350 inc VAT (up from £1,250 the previous year) so the price...
 Thanks Smoothie. Although as you say only speculation it's still interesting. A post that I saw regarding the 890 last on a Swedish blog (http://www.shoegazing.se/2014/07/04/nyhet-edward-green-lanserar-nya-lasten-890/) mentions that the 890 is derived from the RL 89 last (assuming Google translate didn't mangle the meaning when I translated it from Swedish). If the 890 does turn out to be wider than the 888 in the forefoot that might still help me. I was considering...
The waist on Top Drawer is very different to a standard MTO. The TD is a true fiddleback waist. To me that makes it worth going TD so I hope they will be keeping the TD option.Does anyone have a better feel for how the fit on the new 890 last is likely to compare with the 888? The comments I've seen seem to indicate that it might be a bit narrower at the toe. I hope it hasn't gone as far as the G&G TG73 because that is too pointy for me, both in terms of fit and...
 Sorry to hear that you're having problems as well kydy. Trying an MH71 is on my list of things to try as well. Luckily I live in London so can call into the G&G store. When G&G only had the little display area in the basement on the other side of Savile Row the fitting options weren't good. They only had their full range of sizes in the DG70 last which they used as their fitting pairs and it wasn't possible to try on any other lasts. Hopefully the fitting experience is a...
 My experience is that EG and G&G sizing, at least for the TG73 last, are very different. I have one pair of EG in 888 and one pair of G&G in TG73. My G&G TG73 (the pair I first got) is a UK size 7D and it pinches my toes something terrible. I find the toe box far too small and can't wear them comfortably for more than a few hours. The problem is all in the toe box because elsewhere the fit is either OK or loose. My EG 888 is a UK size 6.5D and if anything it's slightly...
Wow. I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. I rushed straight off and had a look at my latest pair of Edward Green MTO shoes and what I see and have experienced so far seems to tally perfectly with the heel to ball issue.   I've been struggling with heel slip on my left foot with this first EG MTO, I also had left heel slip with my only G&G MTO as well. If I look at the shoes I see no arch creasing whatsoever on the right shoe but I do see a small crease under the...
Does anyone here specify, or for the resellers here have a customer who specifies, different sizes for left and right feet? I'm still having bad problems with heel slip on my left foot which, in fairness to EG, I get with all my shoes except for the one bespoke pair of Cleverleys that I own. My EGs are size 6.5D (UK) on the 888 last.   EG have been great in trying to help, they sent my shoes back to the factory to fit an extra piece of leather to the inside of the left...
If that's correct then the US market is getting TD a bit cheaper than the UK. In the UK it is currently £1350 (about $2,250) for shoes. I haven't commissioned a boot yet but I suspect that is more. Those prices do include UK VAT (sales tax) at 20% so the price excluding taxes is about $1,800. Last year the UK price inc VAT was £1,250 so smoothie1's price might be before the latest price increase.- Julian