or Connect

Posts by JulianL

Does anyone here specify, or for the resellers here have a customer who specifies, different sizes for left and right feet? I'm still having bad problems with heel slip on my left foot which, in fairness to EG, I get with all my shoes except for the one bespoke pair of Cleverleys that I own. My EGs are size 6.5D (UK) on the 888 last.   EG have been great in trying to help, they sent my shoes back to the factory to fit an extra piece of leather to the inside of the left...
If that's correct then the US market is getting TD a bit cheaper than the UK. In the UK it is currently £1350 (about $2,250) for shoes. I haven't commissioned a boot yet but I suspect that is more. Those prices do include UK VAT (sales tax) at 20% so the price excluding taxes is about $1,800. Last year the UK price inc VAT was £1,250 so smoothie1's price might be before the latest price increase.- Julian
 Wasn't it the other way round? From the opening lines of medtech_expat's opening post that started off this thread:  The above implies to me that he commissioned his RA suit first and C&M second. What are your thoughts on who gets your next commission medtech_expat? - Julian
Does anyone have any advice on heel slippage? I've seen it mentioned by a few people here.   I have my first pair of EG Top Drawer in 6.5D on the 888 last and I'm getting quite a lot of heel slippage, particularly on my left foot. I can't go any narrower because I'm only just getting away with the narrower D width on my forefoot as it is, a C width would be unwearable. Wearing thicker socks also isn't really a solution for the same reason.   In fairness it's not a...
Does anyone know what number on Savile Row the new dedicated shop is going to be at? I know the new store isn't open yet and G&G are still in the basement of number 12 at the moment but I'm going to be walking down Savile Row on Thursday and I was curious to see which unit they will be moving into and whether there is any signage or shop fitting going on yet.   - Julian
 Do you take a bigger size in 888? Narrower? Wider? What particular aspect(s) of the fit (e.g. toebox width? toebox height? forefoot width? etc) makes you need the different size for the 888? - Julian
  Since we're discussing delivery I'll take this opportunity to voice my approval for your choice of Royal Mail for your UK deliveries. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see that a company that I'm ordering from uses Royal Mail for its UK shipments.   At least in my area items delivered by Royal Mail signed-for and parcel services tend to turn up on time without fuss or bother compared to the hassles that I sometimes get with the other courier companies such as...
    I had the same discussion as DpprDr when I asked about lasted trees in the EG London store. The rationale that I was given for this is pretty much as archetypal_yuppie stated, that if the main body of the foot was similar there isn't much point in having different versions of the last for different toe boxes. I'm lucky that my preferred lasts are the 888 and 82 which are, as I understand it, directly derived from the 202 so the standard 202-based last should fit my...
Yes. I placed an order for a pair in early February at the London EG store. I was charged £1,250 including VAT although, since I was quoted up to 10 months for delivery, I've only paid 50% of that so far.UK VAT (Value Added Tax, i.e. sales tax) is 20% so the price excluding tax would have been £1,041.67 for my order. That's with no added extras such as metal toe pieces and was for a regular shoe rather than a boot.- Julian
After a very good experience dealing with Dawn to get leather and buckle samples I'm now about to press the button on what I expect to be the first of quite a few belts but there's one issue I'd like to kick around a bit before going ahead, namely the number of holes to specify. I know that the standard is 7 but I don't really understand, at least for fairly slim guys, why there need to be so many. I've been thinking a bit about how to do the holes and I wonder whether...