or Connect

Posts by Luvwine

I will try to remember to upload more pics. Check my posts also as in the "Hardcore" bespoke only thread I posted pics of my second pair. Prices are subject to change, of course, but he was charging 1500 euros for the first pair and 1200 for each subsequent pair on the same last. Price is higher for she'll cordovan and, of course, for exotic leathers. I think add 100 for boots.
Another option for whole cuts in RTW is JM Weston.  I have a pair that I often wear with Tux.  Here are three of their models:   http://www.jmweston.fr/en/oxford-17889   http://www.jmweston.fr/en/cycliste-7-oeillets-17742   http://www.jmweston.fr/en/richelieu-flore-empeigne-unie-lacage-sept-oeillets-cousu-goodyear-17739
Yes, Ugolini said something similar.  Naturally, I ignored that on the first pair as my experience with RTW shoes was that they were usually comfortable from the get go.  Lesson learned! This pair is coming along as I am wearing them at my desk now and so have had them on for most of a day at the office, albeit, with only the occasional walk down the hall..... I guess I am just new to the "break in" process and have not had a properly fitting pair of shoes before.  Amazing...
I don't know if my experience is unusual, but my first pair of Ugolinis were uncomfortable the first time I wore them. I made the mistake of wearing them where I needed to do a fair amount of walking and got some minor blisters. Thereafter, they got more comfortable and after a half dozen wears, they became quite comfy. They still fit very snugly, but that is compared to my other, off the rack, shoes. Like many Americans, I suspect I have bought shoes that are a little...
My break in impressions may be exacerbated by the fact I just returned from a week at Yosemite where the only footwear I wore were hiking boots. My feet seem to prefer the spacious interior of said boots to the restricted confines of dress shoes at the moment....😳
My new Ugolini's arrived yesterday.  Here they are,straight out of the box.  Have tried them on and fear I am in for several break in sessions....            
I usually wear my black suit to funerals and in a choir I sing in where it is the uniform (with a black shirt). Still, I sometimes wear it to the office and I think it works fine, tho I still think charcoal grey is better.
Front pocket. Back is bad for one's back/hip over time....
Just yo chime in regarding the question of how bespoke shoes fit, I have found from my one pair so far (another on the way) from Roberto Ugolini, that, the fit is completely different. Like many Americans, I suspect I was buying shoes that were too big for me. This is partly (mostly?) due to the fact that on any given last, one's foot will pinch at its narrowest point compared to the shape of your foot. Therefore, in order to obtain comfort, one must buy a shoe that is...
Am awaiting a pair of shoes by Roberto Ugolini.  Got an email from him today with a picture of my shoes asking if I liked the color or if I wanted the shoes to be darker.  I guess he likes the shoes as, after I responded telling him I thought the shoes beautiful,  he posted the picture to his facebook feed.  Funny to see my shoes on the internet before I have them in my possession!  Glad he liked how they turned out!  Here is the pic.  Will post pics once I get them if...