or Connect

Posts by Prosper0

No, luckily, it wasn't trodden on.   Reosymes: I agree, they did that on their own initiative:-/.   Btw., so far, I was told to try hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
Hi everyone, I come to you in a dire need of advice. I dropped my cream linen jacket on the ground, I dont know what the hell it fell into but my dry cleaner couldn't get it out even after 3 attempts.   This is the result (after dry cleaning): http://imgur.com/a/8xmhu   It's not an expensive jacket, I just really like it, it fits me well and I get lot of compliments on it and therefore, I'd like to keep it.   Does anyone have any advanced cleaning tips? Obviously, I...
One more time on the sizing - yesterday, I just casually slip only into the left shoe, suspecting that the right one is skewing my perception of both shoes and it was justified. The left shoe fits quite well, it's incredible how far it is from the right shoe, i.e.how much the leather has stretched on the right one.   So the size was correct (7,5 UK).           I looked at the measurements I got from using the AE sizing chart and interestingly, W8 for size 8 is considered...
Thanks everyone for their responses.   @Betelgeuse: Yes, thats exactly right   @venividivicibj, @cbfn: Guys, generally, you are of course right. I agree that would be my fault. But:   1) As I have stated in the post (maybe not clearly enough), I prequalified my Meermin size with Luisa. She recommended size 7,5 based on my AE sizing and I obeyed that recommendation. I exchanged several emails with her before I ordered. I even came here to ask, as these...
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding potential return but my post might be also useful as a report for quality of Meermins.   I have the shoes since about end of April (i.e.slightly more than 3 months) and wear them 2-3 times a week. I now noticed 2 serious issues that I see as a ground for returning them.   Both can be illustrated by photos and a video here:   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1qdne4qhsjyr2ps/-lvDzWx4k7?n=16874467   1) The leather around...
Hi everyone, Meermins are my first "proper" shoes (good year welted, good quality leather etc.) and I would appreciate your advice on the following.   I have now owned my first pair of Meermins (Classic line Double Monks) for about 6 weeks, wearing them 2-3 times per week. Initially, the shoes felt really tight but in hindsight, I guess it might have been because they were so hard (even though they definitely weren't loose, either). Anyway, I broke them in quite...
Guys, I am again starting to get seriously worried about my order, especially since it's literally a month(!) since I paid... I don't want to wait for a regular, classic line order more than 3 months. How are your orders from this year looking so far?   Let me give you the history - I exchanged couple emails with Louisa in January, who stated waiting time 30 days. I expected it would be double but still, my expectations were exceeded.   - The order was...
So, after the monday email exchange I mentioend here, I received an official request to pay today, saying that my shoes will be shipped in 10days. Cannot wait!
Is here anyone who ordered since the start of the year? What is the state of your order?   It's been 6 weeks since my last updated ("order initiated").     Now, I understand there can be delays. However, when I asked Louisa on what is the state of my order I received the following response:   "Dear Sir, When the shoes will be ready to ship we advise you."     Honestly, it's not the delay that pissed me off, it's this response. I thought they pride...
I got an update from Meermin that my order from friday has been initiated. What does that even mean? I pressume that first order update that will matter will be the one asking me to pay, amirite?