or Connect

Posts by circumspice

The supplier took enough hours off your life, eh? I had misgivings because some of the folks wearing them seem to have a 3ish inch gap in the front...perhaps I am waiting for the double breasted Arjak
If the Arjak gets a second incarnation in a future season, I'd like it with a larger size option. I am a 42, but was worried about insufficient slouch.
I am not aware of a way to do this on the cheap.   Some footwear makers will allow you to customize an existing last - I had a pair of shoes Made to Order (MTO) at Stefano Bemer, and they would have been willing to customize a last for me - basically, if an existing last was slightly off on fit, add leather to make it wider, etc. I believe Vass from Budapest, and St Crispins allows for something similar - but I think these are academic points for you, as it doesn't sound...
Any word on Marcoliani loafer sock restock? Are the Italians still holidaying?
One of the negative aspects of the current structure is that almost as a rule, one of the 5 or so megathreads in the Culture forum has most recently been posted to, so if you are looking at the list of all the forums, you rarely see something different for the newest posted-to thread for that forum. Not very effective in pulling people in.   SW&D seems to get a lot of US dining thoughts,but I tend to imagine I won't easily find them the next time I am in NYC.   It is...
That Albion is weird looking boot - blucher, metal eyelets, but a very dainty toe box. Seems confused.
@sebastian mcfox - a lighter grey suit may work better with that tie. Travel threads are a mess here - they are ghettoed into their own forum, so who looks at them unless someone is planning a trip? To read up on Italy, you need to search, and try to data-mine 5 years of threads. I am part of the problem - I didn't offer up much after my trips.
"Other robberies" implies he was involved in one. He got shook down at gunpoint for trashing a gas station bathroom.... shoulda caught a pistol whipping, but I am guessing the gunholders were not familiar with his interviews
Spacing then width
Narrow pinstripes are weak