or Connect

Posts by arkane

Beckmans and Iron Rangers are on the same "8" last so they should fit similarly.  General consensus is they run long and narrow.   I bought the 9011 Beckmans last year and had to get size 9.5D to accomodate my wide feet.  I tried on the 9D and it was too tight.  My true size is 9D/E.  A couple months ago I got the 8113 Iron Rangers in 8.5 EE and the fit is spot on.  I would say the width on the 8.5EE and 9.5D are almost identical.   For reference: Chucks - 9 Clarks Desert...
Amazon has the 8113 Hawthorne Muleskinner in all widths/sizes for $179.90   no excuses.. go buy now!
j.crew's got some leather laces   patrick_b got some laces from Tandy Leather.  looks awesome on his GTs http://www.styleforum.net/t/65734/red-wing-gentlemans-traveler/1620#post_5799172
Nice BR suit.  I got the same one (and a couple more) on their 50% off F&F sale last week.  For the price they're impossible to beat. BR does outsource their tailoring to local businesses.  If you have a Luxe card w/ them basic tailoring (i.e. hemming pants) is free.
the 9011 (Black Cherry) and 9013 (Chestnut) are both Beckman boots..
Red Wing's size conversion chart shows UK 10 = US 11, but since these boots run 1/2 size large I would recommend trying on US 10.5
Hawthorne Muleskinner w/ blue benjos     When they were brand new I gave them two applications of ReviveX Water Repellant.  I wore them on a two week vacation to Vancouver, B.C. and Seattle where it rained 60% of the time and my feet were dry the whole time.   I'm really diggin' the indigo denim stains that are starting to show.    
Kenilworth - Brown and Bourbon (the shade of brown & bourbon on the right are the most accurate)         Kenilworth - Burgundy, Bourbon, Brown       I thinking about keeping the Brown pair as I think they're the most versatile.   My current collection consists of: Walnut McAllister Merlot McAllister Walnut Strand
Nice photo and congrats on the Daltons! I have McAllisters and Strands both in Walnut and they are different shades; McAllisters definitely being the darker of the two.
I've had my 9011's for about a year now.  The Black Cherry Featherstone leather is awesome, but I wish they would offer them in widths.  I had to get them in 9.5 to accomodate my wide feet.  I tried a size 9 and it was waaay too narrow.  The width on the 9.5 is fine after break-in but the length is on the long side.   A couple weeks ago I got some Iron Rangers (Hawthorne Muleskinner) in 8.5 EE and the fit is perfect.  I noticed the GT's and Iron Rangers are on the...