or Connect

Posts by jah786

size down is probably the issue for me.  I wear 42 blazer, and wearing 40 snorkel.  I do like the close fit for jacket like that.  @ComfortablyDumb if you go with Mike's sizing advice, you'll be fine.
@ComfortablyDumb the N3-B is VERY warm.  don't own Canada Goose, so can't compare to that.  The storm cuffs and hood really keep all heat sealed in and the quilted insulation is thick.  The hood is lined with a fleece like materials that is super soft and very warm. I wore it in -10 C temps and was fine, in fact toasty warm.  not a whole lot of room for other garments underneath, certainly room for a sweater, but not a blazer or other garment with shoulder padding.  But...
the rancourt shell seems pretty dry and less glossy than Alden.  I know other people have written about this before, but any quick tips for dealing with this?  Venetian shoe cream?
I have found that I'm an 10.5 in pretty much all AE shoes, except for a pair of park aves that i wear thin dress socks with, but with Rancourt penny and venetian loafers, I'm a 10 d.  basically i use my barrie last size now for those.  I have not tried on Ranger mocs, so i'm not sure if I would be 10d or 10.5 d.  from this discussion it looks like I would be 10d.   these are my new MTO, navy shell with RLH honey sole.  i had to order twice.  first time was in 10.5d, too...
yes.  I re-purchased the same make-up in size 10d and they fit like a glove.  Basically, i've determined that my Alden barrie last size is my Rancourt size in loafers.  If you are 10.5 D alden barrie last size, once you remove the sock liners it should be great.  And the shoes are SO nice.  
New *Shell cordovan* beefroll penny loafers from Rancourt and Co.  Did a custom order through Rancourt and ordered the wrong size - I should have ordered a half size down, so my error could be your gain.  These are size 10.5 D Navy shell beef rolls with RLH honey colored soles, orange interior lining and pinking on the tongue.  For those that don't know, RLH is a natural rubber made in France.  It is mega comfortable. This shoe is welted and thus fully...
Any advice out there on what polish to use for Cigar?  Alden paste wax in brown?  other?     other Cigar care tips appreciated.
 Hilarious!  I love the Alden thread.  It's like a family...that is obsessed with expensive (and amazing) shoes.
I've been trying to convince a co-worker to buy nicer shoes, so we took a lunch time stroll today to the Allen Edmonds store on Chestnut St. in Philly.  He didn't like anything there and said, "take me to the place where you got those" pointing to my Alden shell long wings in color 8.  He was already skittish about moving from DSW pricing to AE, and asked him if he was going to drop $600 on a pair of shoes (that can last up to 30 yrs).  He said, "never, but take me...