or Connect

Posts by mymil

That's what I've done (no break), and I think it looks really excellent.
I think what you mean by complimentary is what I mean by coordinate. And both terms are vague enough both to avoid the derogatory labels of "science" and "rules" and to encompass the less-noted aspects of coordination you mention.
But the guideline implied by the successes in this thread is something like: your socks should coordinate (but not match) with both trousers (primarily) and shoes (secondarily). Yes?
So definitely in for the chestnut shell bal boot. I'll be putting my deposit in on the 15th!
But Nivea doesn't smell as good.
Namor, that sounds insane! When did you place the order, what was the damage (if you don't mind my asking), and when can we expect pictures?
I thought the brown shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite/leather combo soles was coming back for the fall.
Two-piece suit, and don't wear a pocket square. You're already wearing something that is outside of your comfort zone, the bow tie. Wearing a three-piece with a bow tie and a pocket square would look like a costume.
  I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure, at least for the ones I own and that they're currently producing. I know that they have transitioned to better manufacturers since they first opened shop.
The Knottery sells 3" knit ties made in Italy for $30, and they're pretty great.