or Connect

Posts by mymil

Take them to a good cobbler.
Nope.
Carmina shell (3 years ago—they only look better today)   Don't have pics of the other boots in my modest wardrobe... but since it rains 80% of the year here, I wear them all the time.
I have wavy-to-curly hair (it varies) and a regular haircut with medium sides (tapered to a 2) and defined (but not shaved) sidepart. I've been very happy with the results I get from using sulfate-free shampoo, silicone-free conditioner, and combing water-soluble pomade (like Prospectors or Bona Fide) into it when it's almost dry.
^ I'm happy to talk about shoes, but I don't want to discuss my health problems. Thanks.
^ Gloves won't help with this, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.
I hired someone to shine my shoes (because I developed a medical condition that prevents me from doing it anymore) and even though I asked them not to put any polish on my shell cordovan, of course they did. So now I have to hire someone else to just like... rub them with clean polishing cloths a lot. I'm fucking pissed about it. Like, I wrote the damn manual on shell cordovan care that's posted on the Hanger...
Stop using wax. First use a very lightly damp, soft cloth and rub vigorously. Wait for it to dry. Then use a smooth deer bone in small circular motions over the area. Buff with a very soft cloth or a polishing mitt.
I wish they made nduja pizza a permanent part of the menu at Roman Candle---when it was a special, that plus a fernet and soda was perfect.