or Connect

Posts by mymil

I like Carmina, too, and have a handful of pairs---but they are well above the stated price range, so...This makes no sense to me. Maintenance of shell is easier than calf, and BOTH show rain spots. If you don't like the appearance (or extra cost) of shell, sure. But the other reasons are suspect in my opinion.
Please don't get a boot with a "worn in look"---get a pair of boots and wear them yourself. The patina will be all yours. There are, I think, a lot of options within your price range. Alfred Sargent. Tricker's and Grenson both make a lot of casual boots. Meermin also makes a boot within your price range: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4341 Maybe you'd like something with pebble grain, since that will look more casual?
Sure, why not? I was thinking of some random old bone you might in a forest—not like what you clearly have. Mine looks like the left one in your picture.
^ Where'd you get the bones? If it's just a random deer bone, I wouldn't be surprised if it's depleted of oils. On mine you can feel the oil on your fingers just from touching it, and it clearly deposits a thin layer of slightly cloudy oil (it's not really cloudy, just needs buffing).
^ Everyone likes Sam Hober. Burgundy grenadine tie should look good with that suit and shirt.
Thanks for everyone's Galway responses! I don't want to be convinced to like it---I just wanted to understand what others see in it.
Can anybody rhapsodize/rationalize their love of the Galway for me? The design has always struck me as a bit too precious, particularly the "bat wing"—and the fact that they're so frequently made up in contrasting leathers. All that despite NAMOR's digging pic... I just want to understand. 
I'm looking to get a lightweight gray (mid-to-dark gray: lighter than charcoal) KW suit for summer weddings and I'm so out of the loop that I don't even know which swatch books to look in anymore. Something not 100% linen. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
^ Maybe, but I'd guess not. The water won't reach the leather because of the wax, but when it dries it will still leave whatever was dissolved behind. The Mac method involves wax, but I never use it. I think of the best things about shell is that it still looks great even without a perfect hard shine.
^ In my opinion the easiest way to get rid of water spots is with a barely damp soft cloth. Rub them down with that, wait for them to dry, then buff them to bring back up the shine. I think using a cloth and/or a polishing mitt is easier than using a brush. Deer bone and a tiny bit of reno or shell polish optional. Maybe water spots became less noticeable over time, I honestly can't remember.