or Connect

Posts by mymil

You're already taking your trousers to a tailor to get 2" cuffs... why not ask them to taper the leg at the same time?
Glad you enjoyed, deejay! Carte Blanche changes their menu ever three-ish weeks, so they'll have something new the next time you're here.   A new recommendation for dinner: Roman Candle. Since they've added some more vegetables and salads on top of their pizza offerings (and they've had burrata on their dinner menu for a while), it's like a baby Ava Gene's! But you don't need a reservation. I went the other night and had a fernet and soda, a slice of nduja pizza (it was...
Hair with natural side part looks good. Experiment with how you comb it. Ironic mustache-without-beard is not for me, but what you had before (if you trimmed it to keep it off your lip and combed it to keep it neat) would look fine if that's what you're after. 
Do you know what Carmina last these are modeled on?
Have you checked with your neighbors? Sometimes people pick up their neighbors' packages instead of seeing them left outside. Worth a shot...
^ Carte Blanche is so great, I'm glad the concept is exciting to you! I've been enjoying Bollywood, particularly the chicken kati roll, pork vindaloo, and saag paneer. But I like them so much that they've kept me from eating through most of the rest of the menu...   One addition to my list of quality sandwich places that I forgot to mention: Roman Candle.   PaaDee is great. I almost always get Guay Tiew Kua Gai, but the sai grog e-san sausage, larb hed, and pork belly...
^ I've only been to Shigezo's SE outpost, Yataimura Maru, but wasn't thrilled... I haven't been to Yuzu in Beaverton, but it could be worth a try.
Portland ramen scene is so weak! It kills me. Boxer Ramen was awesome for two weeks after it opened, but they keep changing their recipes and it keeps going downhill. So disappointing. Mirakutei's ramen is sometimes pretty good (but not fantastic). Biwa is mediocre and overrated. Boke Bowl is... fine, if you add soy sauce to the broth (but their brussels sprout salad and fried chicken are both excellent). I mourn the closing of Wafu, whose ramen at their peak was very...
I really don't know, either. People like fatty meaty sandwiches that don't challenge their palette (see also: Bunk), I guess. Don't get it, when there are so many better sandwich places in town (e.g. Shut Up and Eat, Meat Cheese Bread, Devil's Dill, Tails and Trotters, Roman Candle, An Xuyen and other banh mi joints...), not to mention places that have great sandwiches on their menu (e.g. Carte Blanche, mentioned above—my favorite!, Gonzo (I'm counting pita), Bollywood...
Beast and Ox both rule.   I think Lardo is so extremely overrated. I've eaten through a large percent of their menu, and I find it above average but not exceptional for Portland.   If you're here Thursday-Sunday, I'd hit Carte Blanche for lunch instead of Lardo. It rules so hard. (The owner actually used to work in Pok Pok's kitchen.)   Other highly recommended lunches (if you can be talked out of eating at Pok Pok, which I think is good but not as good as it used to...