or Connect

Posts by holmes

NVM...Sold
If you're tired from working out, either one or a combination of things is occurring. Either you are over-training and not giving your body enough time to heal/recover or you are not getting enough sleep, which is when your body heals; or both.   There is no 'magic pill or elixir' that can cure this. All you can do is mask the symptoms with a stimulant and that brings its own issues. You need to eat well and go to bed. TIVO is your friend. 
If a seller takes paypal or any other credit card based payment, they are subject to the same rules of business like any other company. This is the mistake that many independent sellers make, thinking that they are immune to the rules that govern credit card supported commerce.   Depending on what protections a buyer's credit card offers, the buyer has the ability to invoke his 'right of refusal', otherwise known as a chargeback. Some of these protections allow a...
Bonggoy, I know it feels like you're getting ganged up on, but this is a simple problem to solve. Unfortunately, you're going to have to bear the brunt of it, but that's only fair. This shouldn't cost you more than $30-$40 to set straight, yes?   Think of it like this, say you purchased a pair of shoes from one of our UK vendors and wanted to send it back. They would take it, but it would cost you at least what? $30 or $40 to return them to the UK? Would you complain...
Bongoy, you need to understand that you are not dealing with a vendor that can afford to just take back merchandise because you decide you don't want them. As you have worn them, the seller can no longer sell them as new and must resell them at a loss. Why should the seller lose money because you have made a purchase in error? How is that fair?   If they were defective, you would have a case and I don't think anyone would be against you. However you admit that the...
That's not true, there are options, but it gets messy very quickly. That's why it is in the best interest of all parties, especially an independent seller to find a way to work things out, without involving paypal. Of course if it is a matter of principle, then one should stand by one's guns and fight to the end; understanding that they may well have the case ruled against them.
Unwritten rules are worth the paper they are written on...what I would do in your position is accept the return, charge a 15% 'restocking' fee and move on.   If he complains about that, then tell him you were accepting the shoes back as a sign of good faith, which he clearly is lacking and now the offer is off the table; the shoes are now no longer returnable.   You've updated your post to clearly state there are no returns, which will cover you going forward....
ZenStyle thanks for the feedback. I am pretty confident that I was able to make the adjustments needed on the jacket. As you note, I followed the rules but they don't work for me. I think had I been in front of a mirror with a tailor, the needed compromise would have been caught sooner; which supports the idea that suit making is more art than science. That being said, I think the first pass at least on the jacket was close and a good learning experience and I certainly...
I'm assuming that was directed at me. Here's a quick retouch and I see what you mean. Can I assume that the lowered button stance would reduce the space between my torso and the jacket, so it doesn't look like i have a gut? Secondly, what about the wrinkles in the lower back? Would increasing the waist, free up the fabric so it flows better?
I love the internet and believe eventually we'll be able to acquire damn near anything using it. Figured I would continue my exploration and ordered a MTM suit online. Would like some feedback on the jacket fit, the pants aren't great, but Indochino have already acknowledged that it needs a remake. I can't figure out what to do about the jacket. I know the bulge/wrinkles on the lower back is caused my by squatter's ass, is there anything to be done about it? Can an...