or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Sticking to OTR purchases, without a doubt my camel-coloured unstructured SC by Ring Jacket.
Hmm, I could have entered if I'd known about this before Christmas but I was (deliberately) offline. On Christmas Day, I was wearing the Dashing Tweeds 3-piece that I had MTM a while back (I had just collected the re-modelled jacket from my tailor - I had the shoulders cut down to less 1980s proportions!). I'll see if anyone has any pictures...
On Christmas Eve, I had a basted fitting for blazer suit I am gettting made by Cad & the Dandy with @dieworkwear's special order tobacco fresco and the two guys who were in (all the rest were already off on holiday) were both enthusing about the colour mix in the weave. Also had a second fitting for my Holland & Sherry district check SC, which is looking great.   They also have some really nice specially commissioned (and unique to C&tD) Fox Flannel suitings, including...
My favourites are Ardbeg Uigeadail; Bowmore 17 year-old (only available from the distllery); and Hakushu 18. For everyday drinking, Laphroaig Quarter Cask or Macallan 12, depending on mood.
 You should check the rules about promoting commercial concerns. You are currently breaking them. And I think most people would regard your fit as pretty poor too.
 This is just advertising spam. And worse, it looks like cheap blog.
@upr_crust - I like it but it hardly counts as a 'novelty tie' even by your definition. I've posted fits with diamond-cut bow ties several times in the last few months and I'm pretty sure you have too!   And it certainly doesn't count as a novelty tie in the way that would normally be undertood. Furthermore I wouldn't define either @sugarbutch's or @EFV's ties as 'novelty' either. EFV's is a bit loud and SB's is an emblematic. @MRMstl's tie may be more of a novelty and...
 Crusty, I do like this but I find the cufflinks and ring distractingly similar but different - if you see what I mean. Perhaps it's some kind of OCD-esque failure on my part...
I don't normally wear the same suit twice in a week, but this is just for @in stitches because of the conversation we had earlier in the week about black and white, and because it's the last time I'll be wearing a suit in work this year. Once again, b&w first, colour second, although this time, it makes less of a difference! Tie is an Exquisite Trimmings black grenadine. Ordinary cotton PS. My C&J Hallams are also polished immaculately, but you'll have to just take my word...
 Yeah, I like the colour (and the cut), but it does seem as if it is creasing a lot more than the more standard, heavier flannel, especially on the arms.