or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

I agree with Foo that there is way too much emphasis on affiliates and consumerism on SF these days. However, this thread also demonstrates what used to happen all the time on this forum. Great topic, some erudite discussion, which rapidly descended into name-calling, and childish bickering from people who are more than old enough to know better. Oh, and endess tedious in-jokes and references, which really weren't very funny and which seem calculate to exclude all but a...
 Sorry to hear it. I find that insomnia (which I suffer from on-and-off) doesn't affect me physically only mentally, i.e. I can run, but I'm stupid. At least the running seems to clear my head for a while...
 Looks fine to me. The tyranny of centering the dimple should be overthrown. FiH knots are supposed to be asymmetrical and slightly insouciant.
Barcelona! A hilly 12km up and around Montjuic, the Botanic Gardens, the Miro Foundation and the Olympic Stadium all before sunrise today. Excellent.
 I'd also be very, very interested if you do this again...
If we really believed only in a kind of juggernaut of unalterable technological progress, we should have long ago given up and started wearing mass-customized polyester jumpsuits or some other vision of the 'total future' of clothing back in the 1960s. But we don't because we actually value accumulated skills and knowledge and the places where these have come together and where they still exist. It's been my privilege to spend a lot of time in Japan and they do quite a...
I just spent an pleasant hour or so at Cad & the Dandy having a basted fitting for a Holland & Sherry tweed jacket, some discussions on the blazer suit to be made from the recent special tobacco fresco run, and having an MTM tweed jacket I had made by Walker Slater a few years ago, properly recut to give it completely new and less extended and padded shoulders. Since their recent remodelling, the premises are much lighter and more spacious too, although the one downside is...
 Just stop faffing about and make a choice, dammit... it could be the decisive one!
 I have a purple and blue tweed 3-piece... however it was MTM and they gave me overlarge shoulders to I took the jacket in to my tailor get the shoulder and sleeve head remodelled, today. Purple is clearly where it's at...  
 It's the one concern I have with doing marathons too. I'd much rather be doing off-road races the more the distance goes up. Well done, though!