or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

My thought processes with Don's fits involving those corduroy trousers generally go something like this: "hmm, nice jacket, nice tie, fine PS, interesting combination..." [scrolls down] "OMFG, those trousers! Why did you want to go and do that?" But maybe it's just me...
I've come to the conclusion that 'Greger' is some kind of random nonsensical style-talk generating software...
 Disagree. Denim can be absolutely fine with a knit tie and a rough, tweedy odd jacket. It's not something I do a lot these days, but there's definitely a time and a place for it.
Wrong forum -  I think there's a thread for Timberland over in SW&D.
Overcoats would be good. It might have been done before, but it's about the right time of year for another iteration. Or you could make it a broader 'outerwear' challenge, so include hats etc. This would also make it easier for those in the southern hemisphere to take part.
 I apologise, I was assuming I was talking with adults. Apparently not. Do carry on...
This may well be your opinion, which is fine, but please don't try to claim it's 'more of a classic look'. That is simply unsupportable. Meaningless. And the same for your comments about fabrics. I'd also like to see some fit pics of your 'classic looks'... and perhaps people can see for themselves if 'you can pull it off'. I'm not saying you can't, but there's been a definite pattern of people claiming to do things better than the SF norm who turn out to be only fooling...
Feeling rather sepia-toned today: vintage early 60s Harris Tweed jacket, BB Black Fleece tattershall shirt, PRL ancient madder tie, unknown vintage PS and (dark brown) waistcoat, and unseen, olive serge trousers and brown suede monks.  
I've been trying not to buy anything recently but I swooped on a supposedly fully-canvassed gun-club check Ravazzolo* SC in my size when I saw it on ebay recently at a ridiculously low price. Pretty painless way to see if their sizing and cut suits me or not.   *not so well known as some of the other near-top-level Italian makers, but they are up there, apparently...
Top one is definitely my favourite picture of the year, @Tirailleur1...