Posts by FlyingMonkey

Given the low number of entries for a number of recent challenges, can I suggest that we adopt the practice of Streetwear & Denim in having 2 weeks (at least) for each contest?
 I'd agree that the latter is just a terrible architect. But Renzo Piano is a genius and both the Central St Giles complex and the Shard are excellent, the latter being by far the most beautiful tall building in London. But f you really want to name the thing that's "fucking up London", it's the same thing that drives everything in central London: finance capital.
Quote: Maybe you do, but they really don't work in this outfit. And I'm not sure where they would work either! @Coxsackie @Dennis Walter - I have the same feeling about both of your fits: fantastic suits, but that the tie in each case was not the best choice. Cox, because of the green dots, which just jar, and DW, because the two shades of grey seem not quite to gel - a case of either too close or not close enough. 
 Yeah, I bet. This thread seems to be nothing but a spam magnet.  
I have to say, I'm delighted by the return of @Tirailleur1....   and @in stitches - in your case: good, very good. As usual, the fit is on point. I wasn't quite sure about the colour choices at first, particularly with the choice of square. I mean, I could see what you were doing, but I wasn't sure whether it worked. Now, I think it does. Took me a while... but, I like fits I have to think about, and small deviations and choices are what makes something a level above the...
 Looking good, and that is almost exactly the same as what I was wearing on Friday - and it was cold enough in Toronto: Lovatt blue tweed jacket over yellow-orange Fair Isle vest, burgundy knit tie... except that my trousers were moss green. PS: to whoever was complaining about the length of the vest, you really can't adjust the length of knitted vests. They just are the length they are. Some things you have to live with and accept their imperfections, especially when they...
A tuxedo is really inappropriate for funerals. This is an outfit for good times. It might (generally) share a colour range with funeral outfits, but it's not otherwise the same at all. A tuxedo is not going to do double-duty for weddings and funerals.
 I agree. The tie immediately leaps out as being wrong in texture and scale of pattern. I guess, even with some of the best style 'instincts' on this forum, and given the number of fits he posts, statistically, Braddock is bound to get it wrong occasionally... it gives some small hope to the rest of us. :)
 I am generally a big fan of the direction you've moved in recently and your combinations mostly work whether or not they confirm to any 'rules', but on the increasingly rare occasions when you get it wrong, it's still like the aftermath of an explosion in the Andover shop.  So, I don't think the tie is the main problem, it's the whole combination of jacket, shirt, vest and tie. Particularly the bright blue bold stripe shirt and dark green plaid vest just do not do work...
Quick and dirty pic of today's fit, mainly to show off the new jacket, courtesy of @Todd V (and @razl's fine work on the B&S: someone should buy this thread). It's one of those Epaulet factory finds fabrics, the Pale Danube Marl from Southwick. Fits perfectly and it's has a lovely drape. Worn with a BBBF fine navy stripe BD (the weak link today), double-sided moss green / navy  raw silk bow tie, Post-Imperial PS, navy wool vest, mid-light grey flannels and (unseen) tan...