or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Not sure this is really an 'entry' because I haven't got a proper fit pic, but anyway it fits the theme and it was what I was wearing the other day at a friend's place: EG, Rugged Factory, Uniqlo + unseen crappy Levis bike jeans and oiled-leather boots by Slow Wear Lion. PS: it was 'Sunflower Sutra' I was reading at the time...
I've had private correspondance with both Andrew and Rory and they both seem like well-meaning people, people with whom I'd be happy to share a conversation over a glass of something. In this case, at the least it's clear that Rory was way out of his depth in business terms, and Andrew was overenthusiastic and as he says, naive.   Unlike some of you here, I don't enjoy online humiliation and shaming or think that there's something amusing about piling on to anyone for...
I'd toally go for the boiled wool (or indeed other, darker colours). Unfortunately, with a small child in the house, anything stark white wouldn't stay that way for very long...
I would normally be totally up for this kind of challenge, but I've just not been feeling in the right frame of mind recently... I like what's been submitted so far a lot though.
 Yeah, it's the trousers, isn't it? Almost no-one has those fuller trousers these days, which makes those Apparel Arts drawings so difficult to copy.
 Which is exactly what I was going a few pages back...  I shaved it off immediately after the class as I had a public speaking engagement in the evening. I'm now regrowing my usual beard. I think I'd advise @EFV to do the same!
The smoking jacket / robe is not Sulka, it's 'like Sulka'...
Going back to Cox's picture briefly (I've only just seen this because I've not been around much recently), it seems pretty simple to me: top half, next level; bottom half, total failure. Everything about the bottom half is wrong in terms of the effect created by the top half. And I wouldn't base anything around what he's wearing down below, although the shoes would work with many entirely different fits. Stictchy's fit, used as contrast, has the right idea with the...
A bit of fun for my Cities class today - this class is on Manhattan in the 1920s and 30s, so the outfit has various nods to the period although it's not strictly accurate. Bold patterned, heavyweight 3-piece suit (the lapels would have been significantly wider in the 30s of course), reproduction needle-collar shirt with pin (and sleeve garters) and actual period enamel cufflinks, fedora, pocket watch & chain. Oh, and close shave with moustache only. In sepia, of...
 I've seen this same photo (not different photos of the same dress - the same photo on the same website) on three different screens, in different lighting conditions, and I've seen three different combinations, ranging from white and gold to blue and black. So I can't tell whether it's the contextual lighting or the screen / colour processing settings of the computers, but one thing I am certain of is that it's not (solely) an issue of human optical or neurological...