or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

@edmorel, I couldn't agree more.    
I was persuaded by @Cleav to take one more poor webcam pic because WIAWRN happens to be compatible with the Friday Challenge this week. I even managed to take a very uncomfortable shoe shot, which is spoilered - you get a great view of my unemptied recycling bins!   [[SPOILER]]
 I do not understand the view that there's something wrong with black suede. I wasn't intending to take any more pictures in this way, but just for you. This is probably a bit too matchy for some here - I'm not really sure about it - but the temperature suddenly dropped here this morning, hence the vest, which I just added to the suit I had already decided to wear, which is not that warm. And yes the shirt is white, textured white, but white. No other bells and whistles -...
 True, but those black suede shoes (and the rest of your combo) are going to be hard to beat too... What I'm wearing today would be compatible with the challenge, but I'm not going to enter as I can't really take a decent picture of my shoes (yet)...
 I'm not saying @An Acute Style isn't interesting - on the contary. And it's true that we don't see a lot of 'Ivy', 'Black Ivy' or 'neo' / 'post-Ivy' (or whatever you might call it) on SF and clearly AAS is the primary exponent of such style here so, sure, what he does looks different in this context. I guess I'm just quite used to it as it's all over the place in Japan - which is where I spend plenty of my time - with lots of companies that cater to this sort of look and...
At the risk of taking over this thread, I just got this - wonderful, soft Inis Meain Boatbuilder sweater (2012 season for those interested) in perfect condition - just over $100 on ebay, almost $350 new. Strangely, it seemed to attract almost no attention (and I kept it that way)...
 He is, however, correct in this case as in many others. Good literary critics do not need to be novelists. Good art critics do not need to be artists. etc. etc. They don't even have to be pleasant (and @Ianiceman certainly doesn't always make the effort). But he generally has a good point to make and is worth paying attention to.  I can't tell if this is meant to be sarcastic or not. I mean I enjoy a lot of AAS's fits, and some are very good indeed, but 'avante garde'?...
 Britain has a pretty high percentage of wankers, I'll grant you that - it's one of the reasons I left (and probably also reason enough for the existence of the word 'wanker', which is one of Britain's great gifts to the world of insults).
There are plenty of people here who are actually British, or Canadian or Australian or indeed from India or HK, who would all potentially understand the difference between 'enquire' and 'inquire' (or know what braces etc. are) so the categorical insistance that the American usage is right is not really very helpful. This is, after all, a global forum, albeit one that is hosted in the USA.
Lists.   And repetition.