or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Ah, so it's more that he's a beanpole! You've still got several inches on me...
 Either you are really tall or Crusty is much shorter than I had imagined...
Great idea with a lot of potential! Provided, however, that we don't just get everyone submitting navy or grey suits, especially since we aren't really likely to get much better than what Gerry's already posted on the navy blue suit front - talk about getting in there first! I'm hoping that we might get some more creative (but of course, tasteful) interpretations... and trying to think of something along those lines myself but also something, like EFV, that I haven't...
 If you're including my contribution in this comment, I don't think I was doing much bemoaning, I was considering the nature of 'popularity' on SF, because it's not like 'popularity' is some unproblematic thing: "50 Million Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong!" and all that... But I mean, none of this is important in the grand scale of things. It's certainly not what keeps me awake at night. It's all just for shits and giggles...
 One of the great improvements on SF is the decline of snark and outright cruelty since 'the old days', when beginners were slaughtered and when many threads used to quickly degenerate into really stupid slanging matches even between supposedly intelligent posters. I don't miss that aspect.
I agree that the average quality of fits on SF is improving, and is actually better than it was in the mythical golden days of yore. However, this is not just because of more regularly posters who get the basics, it is also because both the very top and the very bottom end have been smoothed off. So we've got fewer really awful dressers, whether they be absolute beginners, trolls, douchebags or just the plain deluded. However we also have proportionally fewer WAYWRN...
 I don't have a smartphone or I'd already be using it (yes, I am this unusual).  
Thanks, Anden. Believe it or not I actually understand photography reasonably well - I've even had one my pictures used as a book cover. What I've done (or not done) here has been a personal decision based on the fact that I haven't wanted to get obsessed with taking pictures of myself. But it's actually become counter-productive since the shots are sometimes so poor that they do not do any justice to what I'm actually wearing. And I spend as much time explaining that as I...
 I generally agree with @unbelragazzo on this, but I do think the jacket might be better in a rougher textured fabric...
 Fair enough. The shirt was the item I was least certain about as it happens. As for the camera, there's my pictures, and then there's @Anden's pictures... it's starting to get a little embarrassing.