or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Top 5 favourite places I've been:   1. the Norwegian fjords 2. the southern islands of Japan 3. the Åland Islands, Finland 4. the Hebrides, Scotland 5. the jungles of Kalimantan - unfortunately the areas I had the good fortune to work in when I was younger have almost certainly been bulldozed for palm oil plantations...   Top 5 cities I've visited or lived in:   1. Tokyo 2. Helsinki 3. Amsterdam 4. Lisbon 5. Venice (off season, it really can be as magical as...
Well, all I can say, having been away for a while and arriving back in the aftermath, is that the way he left was the most interesting thing about him. I never quite got the indulgence of such a boring persona (I can't speak for his personality iRL - he might be witty and wise in person) who didn't so much have multiple menswear problems which were fodder for interesting discussions, as just the same issue over and over and over again.
We're considering the Hay sectional (the firm version), however our current favourite is the Benson Canyon, which comes in a huge variety of fabrics even at the basic price level (which is still at the upper end of the budgets we're talking about here: http://www.viesso.com/canyon-modular-sectional-pieces.html     For the real budget version, the Hem system is simple and, depending on your taste, either a good example of visible functionality or overly industrial...
Reeves and Coxsackie because... pink. That is all.
I am surprised Steed is not getting more votes here. He, slyguy and RoSaCe were the only ones who let off the brakes on this one, and Steed still managed to look like he would actually get away with wearing that get-up in normal life.   Of course Leaves looks great, but there was nothing fruity about that look.
Just to bring down the level of photography, but at least attempting a smile, here's what I'm wearing today. First the out-of-focus almost full body shot to give you the general idea.     Close-up:   Details: Corneliani DB blazer - some won't like the stronger shoulders, but I do; CT sky blue gingham shirt; Holland & Sherry tie; PS is screenprinted cotton made in Japan, one of several I was given as a gift years ago - main colours are green and purple on a white...
 Fitpix are serious business. But seriously, if I smile in photos I look sinister. It's sometimes really difficult to maintain a 'neutral' expression.
 That would indeed be horrible: AAAC horrible.
 I guess that this being self-inflicted just makes me even more out-of-date. Frankly, I'd rather stay that way...  ;)
 Very nice, Stanley. The proportions are much better than on some of your past fits - the tie is a bit wider and the collar is not so aggressively cut away.