or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Picked up my RAF blue Minnis Fresco blazer suit today from The Cad & The Dandy, after some last minor alterations (which they did within a day). Service has been exemplary, the suit is beautiful and I wore it all today at a major international conference with a navy and white bengal striped shirt, black grenadine tie, white PS, burgundy  Mazarin socks and black Crockett & Jones Hallam captoes. Unfortunately there are no pictures - it simply didn't cross my mind until now...
 Well, there was an association of cheap navy serge with the kind of trousers worn by the lower classes, particularly labourers and prisoners (and of course, naval uniform). However, we live in a more democratic age.
 Tell me about it. I've given up trying to remind people that you've got to know what you're looking at, and too many people don't and just give thumbs to popular members and to to better pictures - not to better fits. It's not just a question of liking about a nice photograph, it's about educating your eye.
Caron's Third Man. Like Pour Un Homme but more complex, with a floral middle and lingering musky depths in the drydown. Some people complain about the cloves - I don't get any.
 Oh sorry, too big. Obvious to me, clearly not obvious to any one else reading the ad! I'll change the description to reflect that.
 This isn't the thread to advertise your own stuff - and in any case, you're in completely the wrong forum for denim. I'd check out Streetwear & Denim and see if they have a thread for this kind of thing.
I was looking at the new Grouse Moor range from Holland and Sherry today - it has some very vivid coloured fabrics (all very nice though). I mentioned it to Guy Hills of Dashing Tweeds a bit later when I was in their store - really great guy to talk to BTW and their fabrics have really come on in quality - and he agrees that perhaps they have been having an influence on what other more traditional companies are starting to put out. However he also said that from his own...
 I don't know, I've never tried them (to my knowledge). I have a pair of Carmina boots that are 6UK, and they would be a better fit if they were half a size bigger. I have no idea what last they are on, I'm generally 6.5 UK in most things (e.g. most Crockett & Jones lasts), and I've been told by a leading Vass reseller, based on what I've told them, that I would most likely be a 6 in the really big rounded lasts (e.g. Peter or New Peter) or a 6.5 in most of the sleeker...
 You and me both...
Toronto International Film Festival. One of the world's leading film festivals.   I'd say full black tie rig, especially if it's in the evening. But of course this is Canada...