or Connect

Posts by FlyingMonkey

Great! I'm very happy for you. I don't think I was saying that anyone else shouldn't be satisfied, only asking if there was anyone who felt the same as me: that the colour wasn't quite what they expected. The only reason I mentioned you is that you posted what seemed to me to be a very accurate depiction of the colour. As the saying goes, YMMV.
 You aren't 'throwing me under a bus': rust is not what I would call it in your picture or in real life. For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_%28color%29 And here is the pantone shade in question: 
Is anyone at all disappointed with their tie? I have no problem with the manufacture -  it is well-made as one would expect from Panta. However, the colour is not what I expected at all. I have the same one as @Andy57 above, and his picture is pretty accurate. The colour was described as 'rust' and looked like I would expect rust to look as it did in the swatches - a deep orange-brown. However, as you can see in the picture, the tie is more like a salmon pink + brown, and...
It was entirely your choice to insult someone for no good reason, twice now, rather than simply responding in a neutral, polite or more friendly way.I'm quite comfortable with being wrong now and again, and happy to be corrected and to learn. I am also reasonably sure I'm neither a moron nor illiterate.
Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine...
 It would be depressing if it were true, but it's not. It is not only possible to develop cavity-walled brick building to the highest standards of energy performance, it is being done even in the unimaginative UK. And it's certainly not 'illegal in modern building codes'. Check this example: http://www.pmcarchitects.com/blog/the-first-uk-cavity-wall-passivhaus/ I'm building a passive house right now BTW, and sitting here at a table with the Chair of the Canadian Passive...
  Back blade tucked -  fine, we aren't all 2 metres tall. Front blade and back blade tucked - grandpa steez! Front blade tucked, back blade untucked - can't you f***ing dress yourself, man? 
I saw them live in 1990 (I think) and they were scarily good still then.
  I have no idea. It's exactly what I'm doing today and what I do a whole lot.
 Dennis - I like what you wear a lot, however having read your explanation, I've thought about it, and looked at a number of your fits where you do this, and decided that in no case is the fit improved by wearing the tie in between the lapels of the DB jacket. In fact, in every case, the fit would be improved by adopting the conventional way of doing things.