or Connect

Posts by rostov

You clearly don't wear EEE, but yes, there are technically other brands. Alden and Florsheim, I suppose? I don't like the stock color options for the majority of Alden's shoes, but I suppose an MTO with different leather choices would be an interesting, if not much more expensive option... I won't even bother discussing Florsheim. Perhaps I'm just too laser-focused, but I don't really know of any other brands worth considering for the EEE wearer.
 I recently noticed the same thing. I had thought of doing a MTO of a boot, but was disappointed that with the disappearance of the 5th Street, Bayfield, and Promontory Point Boots, options are incredibly slim. The Dalton is a high-boot and I suppose it might be possible to ask to make a whole-cut version of it lacking the wings and broguing... that is, one could conceivably MTO a Shaker Heights clone from a Dalton, minus the tweed. The Cronmok style might make for...
peppercorn78, that's disappointing because I doubt I'll ever buy dark colored cordovan and us EEEs don't have many choices besides AE.
 Burnished leather will be darker. The burnishing is applied via a wheel and usually most strongly to the edges of the leather and is often only applied to the toe cap, but may be applied to any leather ledge. The Rutledge is an extreme example of burnishing. The bourbon color is simply walnut burnished on the black burnishing wheel. I'm not certain if the Daltons changed at some point, but I do wonder if AE's 'Walnut' has been darkened at some point in the past 3 years....
Has anyone confirmed the 2 for $300 and the date of the sale?
-wrong thread-
 I'm thinking of picking up Walnut Harrisons, but I'm honestly not sure what the hell I'd ever wear them with. I seldom wear a suit, and if I did, I'd have to buy a grey one to match these shoes (which, is probably not a bad idea...)   Maybe with the occasional pair of chinos? Unlike the Strand, they look too formal for jeans?
 I'm just thinking how great this leather might be on a Dalton...
  It's okay. I'm happy that they always do that. Now I know to recraft right before sales...
By the way... I received a $35 coupon with my recrafting. I wasn't expecting this! I'm not sure if they always do this, or if it's a limited-time promotion?   It looks like I might pass-up on the 2-for-$300 closeouts sale and leverage my $250 store-credit and $35 coupon on some firsts. The only question is on what? Probably the Shreveport or an MTO... unless it's the Shreveport, I'll probably wait as long as possible before the coupon expires to see if any sales come up...