or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Never saw that soft shell before. I can't speak about it form experience, but It looks like it would be ideal for foggy/misty cool climates. Looking at the construction, I wouldn't wear it in a downpour. But it seems like it'd keep you dry in an average rain for a few minutes. Never heard of Schoeller Dryskin, I'd be curious to learn about that. The DWR coating will have to be re-applied every season or so to maintain water resistance. That's pretty easy to do. Merino is...
I'm a little crazy for this little guy.     But if I was going to get a 160HP bike, it'd have full fairings. 
Oh cool, I was looking at the Atom SV. If i did more outdoor activities in the cold, I'd look more closely at one of those. Me being a city boy though, the Veilance line is my winter fave (when I can find a deal) since it's the utmost in minimalistic, city appropriate technical outerwear IMO.   I'll have to try one of those light Rab eVent shells one of these days. I'm fascinated that eVent has such a rabid following and so many people thumbing their noses at the Gore...
 Thanks for weighing in Roger. I've got some experience with Gore Pro. I have an A.V. Insulated Field Jacket that replaced all my (non mountain) winter outerwear in one fell swoop. When combined with Coreloft and Arc'teryx construction, Gore Pro defies logic when it comes to breathability and core temperature stabilization. I think your points are all valid about comparing the two shells I'm looking at. When looking at Gore-Tex Paclite, the two most common complaints are...
Guys, which Arc'teryx hardshell should I buy, Beta LT or Beta LT Hybrid?   I'm really more of a weekend warrior with outdoor activities. Most of the time this will be for city/travel use. Sometimes I go backpacking/Hiking/camping/fishing, but nothing terribly extreme. The regular Beta LT is Gore Tex pro all throughout so it is 3.5oz lighter and more durable, but doesn't have many features. The LT Hybrid has a collar and pit zips but only uses Gore Tex Pro on the...
O hai. I didn't see you there.
Well there's always this ridiculous thing:       That's probably going to be my answer to a cruiser when I get too mature (read: old) for sport bikes and such.
Not “too much bike" so much as too tiring a riding position. But you know what you're doing. If I were to get another second bike (just sold my cruiser due to lack of use), it would likely be a 300-500cc track bike, or an R6 if I felt daring about it. But if it weren't a track bike, I'd look at something like the Ducati multistrada for longer trips.
An HP4... Didn't see that one coming. Get a Street Triple. Given your apparent tastes, the SV would likely feel to generic. I think Royal Enfield's time has long passed. And a vespa... Well only if it is actually for your wife. With the Triple, any time you don't feel like piloting a warp-speed rocketship, you'll have the most balanced bike ever created and it's relaxed 105 horsepower to amuse yourself with. Edit: ok I just have to ask. About how many thousands of miles...
Those specs at the price they're going for. Track ready without any mods. I saw someone hit 112 MPH in a youtube vid, so they're not that slow. It's the best bargain in town if you're just getting into the track, which I aim to do soon.