or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Congrats on the new ride. Keep the shiny side up! Not ALL stock exhausts are that bad. I'm pretty happy with the one on my STriple.  I'm actually kind of pissed about this. I had the idea three months ago for a "fitbit for motorcycles" coupled with a route sharing community. I even contacted a developer and started pricing it out before I found out about Ride. I think the company has done a piss poor job of marketing itself so far. But yeah, I'll probably get in on that...
Do you use a special app for trip mapping?
Sorry to hear of your off, @dohare. Hope you're not too banged up. Good advice on the helmet cam. I think I'll have to pick one up later this season.     @TRINI - I'm right there with ya buddy. I had my first 100-mile day of the year today. What's more, I just put my first 100+ miles on my new bike, found a new waterside road that was just paved, made friends with a pack of riders I crashed and was lead to the only motorcycle apparel store around here open on sundays....
 Great question. So here's the deal. While I used to be more of a woodsy person, I live in a city now. Back in the burbs, I had a Gore shell/insulation puff layer combo from EMS that worked well for winter sports, backpacking and so on. But in the city, generally any time I really need Gore Tex, I also need some insulation. In a warm rain I just wear a long raincoat. For me, the Gore tex comes out when its cold, windy and possibly stormy. Otherwise I won't sacrifice style...
Hey you might even convince an insurance agent that you have LoJack. Now that's what I call two birds with one stone.  Yeah I have the same thing basically, with the bright orange cord. But now I'm wondering... Maybe I should just use a big chain... which would suck to carry around. Gotta do SOMETHING to protect it, even if it's not all-out.
Yeah, I've never really heard of someone getting their cruiser stolen. Mostly tend to be supersport bikes or exotics under 4 years old.
It does require a layering strategy, of course. It's not like a big puffer that you can rock over a tee shirt and be toasty. But I prefer it, because that makes it more versatile in different types of weather. On the coldest days id wear something like a thermal Henley and a chunky wool sweater or my stark (with my trapper hat). On 25 degree and above days it'd usually be an Oxford and merino v neck. Above freezing, anything light is fine. I think the fact that it is wind...
I just need to say, the Arc'teryx Veilance insulated field jacket is the single best piece of outerwear I've ever owned. I used to switch my jackets almost daily. Now I don't want to wear anything else unless the weather is nice. It's completely waterproof, seam sealed, minimalistic and has every detail worked out in such a way that I could not imagine it having been done better, from the deployable hood to the placement of the key clip. This last point is a rare pleasure...
My buddy who used to live in Bushwick had a sweet Cannondale he rode around on. To protect it from theft, he covered the entire thing in stickers so it looked like a piece of shit.
But they have the little squiggly orange bar loop thingy...