or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I found that the construction lent itself to getting shabby looking long before the bag was no longer useful. The velcro bits would pull at the nylon and the materials were not really able to really take a punishing. They're just not bags that age well. It was several years ago that I owned one, however. I was in a much younger frame of mind. Nowadays, having velcro as a component would rule out just about any item as it is. As you suggest, they are easy to get tired of....
 My thanks, I do like Waterfield from what I'm seeing so far. Timbuk2 though, what rubbish. Had one once. Not all they're cracked up to be.
 Brand names are for suckers. That being said, designer is generally better. The two most important items in your outfit are your shoes and your wristwatch. Your watch should be Swiss (with some exceptions) and your shoes should be 100% high quality leather and traditionally welted. Edward Green Bespoke would most certainly set you apart if you went that route. But it all depends on your station in life, who you are surrounded by and what you want to project about...
I'm selling my car, moving to London and need a laptop messenger.   My current laptop bag is a buttery soft brown leather backpack. But I'm about to move to rainy London for two years and it's not going to be suitable for the climate.   I want durable, water resistant, elegant, slim and anonymous, yet luxurious to the careful eye.  Tumi is too bland. Saddleback is to butch. Coach is to fragile. Maybe Filson?   Somebody please help.
A lovely gift from an old friend.  Gotta do what the Good Book says.  [[SPOILER]]
Yes Munky, I do mean to pick up a pair of galoshes one of these days.   For the record, the post was half joking.  But only half, haha.   The salt was ample, but the drivers did manage to keep us clear of any slush. And indeed, Boston roadworkers do love their salt. The stuff is absolutely everywhere right now. Perhaps some day they will incorporate flamethrowers to help deal with the snow. Until then, rock salt will likely be the inexpensive and favored...
 Munky, old bean, are you rotating your shoes daily? Let us not get too carried away with our new acquisitions...
But that soft, pristine sole...
Shoe crisis.   In a few hours I will be hosting a party for friends and well-wishers at the newest evening club in Boston. As such, I wish to wear my finest pair of Church's custom grade black calf single monks, which seem right for the occasion.   The only issue here is that I may have to walk a very small amount between cars and doors through recently dropped snow and an unpredictable, but likely large, amount of rock salt. I don't want to be overly fussy, but...
You certainly speak reasonably, sir. I certainly wouldn't say I'm tired of the Speedy. I just like so many watches and can only have so very few. I do hope to build a collection strong enough that I should never feel compelled to part with any one. The GMT II would likely be as safe a second entry as possible. My thanks for entertaining my wandering eye!