or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Purchased. Thank God I decided finally. Thanks for weighing in
 Oh no, I do not like heavy and I'm not into the "big watch" craze. Over 42mm starts to feel a bit too much. Well what about the SNE109. Solar 200m diver with day/date. Nice looking bezel but I haven't seen one up close. Think its any less heavy?
 That Aqualand is very cool. Bulky though. Probably too massive a wrist presence for me. I'd love to find a mechanical dive watch with a compass feature but without too busy a face. Love the concept of the altichron, but it's just so damn busy to look at. I'm also considering a Seiko Monster: 
 Thanks guys. The Seiko Monster seems like a decent enough option. Any thought on that compared to the Citizen Promaster Diver?
 Thanks for weighing in, Goose. That promaster diver is a handsome enough watch and seems like it would make a good knockaround. I do rather like that Seiko. My very first watch was a Seiko.  I don't know what it is, maybe the geek-kid left in me, but I'm somehow tempted by one of the triple-sensor Casio Protreks.  It's pretty much everything proof, has a triple sensor and runs on solar. For $300.  But the damn thing is just so chunky...
Dilemma: Beach season is approaching and after getting my Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich tested today at my local watchmaker, I was advised not to bring it anywhere near a beach. Opportunity: Looks like I'm in need of a knock-around watch for the beach, active sports and rugged adventure travel (spending a month in S.E. Asia this October). Anyone want to recommend something sub-$1,000 that fits the bill? I was told GShock (ooh, a compass!) would work, but the darn things...
Dilemma: Beach season is approaching and after getting my Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich tested today at my local watchmaker, I was advised not to bring it anywhere near a beach.   Opportunity: Looks like I'm in need of a knock-around watch for the beach, active sports and rugged adventure travel (spending a month in S.E. Asia this October).   Anyone want to recommend something sub-$1,000 that fits the bill? I was told GShock (ooh, a compass!) would work, but the darn...
 Ahem. http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/4506562723.html
From everything I'm hearing, the FZ-09 sounds like the bike for you. If it's 80% commuting and you need light weight but want massive torque - AND you don't want to shell out for the Street Triple - I'd say wait til the fall and look for someone who got bored with their FZ
Yeah, you have a point. Theoretically speaking. =P  SVs are great bikes. But I guess the most important question is: what kind of riding do you do? I'm into aggressive street riding and need to slice through traffic, so a naked sport-standard works well for me. No thoughts of a used R6?