or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I tried that  I tried on the clash in red when I was at RSD HQ a few months back. I'm not a hipster, but if I was I probably would have gone for it - that red color is pretty sweet. I did, however, just get my dirty off-white RSD Ronin jacket finally tailored by the one decent leather guy in Boston. A dude's leather jacket is his signature. I say pick carefully and stick to it. The exception is if you actually need performance gear.  Everyone get some good rides in this...
I prefer metal. Silver And Swiss
 Chiming in late here but, since I just put my first 700 miles on a '14 Street Triple R, I figured I'd weigh in. Of the three bikes you mentioned, the Daytona is the track tool, the Speed Triple is the heavyweight hooligan bike and the Street Triple is the quick, nimble do-it-all bike. Which one you go with really depends on what kind of riding you want to do. The Daytona is a beauty. It's light and screaming fast, loves to be revved up. The riding position is very...
Meanwhile, at the low end of the market...  
What's on Don Draper's wrist?
Hmmm, I'm starting to see room for competition in this space...
 You can get those cheaper. I know at least for my new bike they make sensors that fit inside the wheel that report to the ECU. There are probably mountable units for older bikes as well. Or you can just carry a small pressure gauge with you and zap the tires once a week with it like I do...
 Congrats on the new ride. Keep the shiny side up! Not ALL stock exhausts are that bad. I'm pretty happy with the one on my STriple.  I'm actually kind of pissed about this. I had the idea three months ago for a "fitbit for motorcycles" coupled with a route sharing community. I even contacted a developer and started pricing it out before I found out about Ride. I think the company has done a piss poor job of marketing itself so far. But yeah, I'll probably get in on that...
Do you use a special app for trip mapping?
Sorry to hear of your off, @dohare. Hope you're not too banged up. Good advice on the helmet cam. I think I'll have to pick one up later this season.     @TRINI - I'm right there with ya buddy. I had my first 100-mile day of the year today. What's more, I just put my first 100+ miles on my new bike, found a new waterside road that was just paved, made friends with a pack of riders I crashed and was lead to the only motorcycle apparel store around here open on sundays....