or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

You could stow away in an amtrak bathroom...
Winter jacket style in Boston irritates me. Canada Goose and Moncler jackets are everywhere and the look so ridiculous in a city setting. You can keep your hefty bag stuffed with down, dog fur hood and all.
 The B-Uhren style watch was certainly not the first pilot's watch. But it was very popular in WWII This History Lesson should give you some background. TLDR: "Five manufacturers – four German and one Swiss – supplied the B-Uhren. In Germany, A. Lange & Söhne, Wempe, Lacher & Company/Durowe (Laco), and Walter Storz (Stowa) produced the watch. Wempe and Stowa used Swiss movements; Wempe settled on the Thommen cal. 31, and Stowa used the Unitas cal. 2812. Lange used its big...
 Now here's a tempting Waltham I found on eBay. Very tempting indeed.... Hey @mimo, what do you think? 
 Oh I like those! Wish I had one. When I met Mrs. Hedonist, she was living in Waltham. Wouldn't you know, the old Waltham Watch Factory has been turned into lofts (like just about all the old factories of Greater Boston).
 I quite like that B-Uhren. It's really growing on me as I see the pictures though I will admit, I rather prefer those on a stout leather strap (looks great on croc nonetheless). Does that one have an iron core like the old-school war pieces? And what's the case size? So much history behind that watch, which is hard to find at that price point. Great acquisition.  Regarding dress watches, I must ask why are you so against a 3:00 date window? I tend to feel that the 3:00...
OP discussed omega...
I kind of really like this one: Dress watches can have a black dial, yes?...
Amazon seems a fine enough place to buy a watch. Picked up my Omega Speedmaster Pro there and it's been running flawlessly so far. I saved at least a cool grand over buying at an AD too.   I'll admit the experience is fun, going into the shop; seeing all those glistening timepieces like jewels glistening in the light; being sucked up to by very competent salespeople…. But at the end of the day it's a machine that sits on your wrist that you may as well procure in an...
They'll certainly never get any love from me.