or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Julian's are MTO. They have you take detailed measurements of each foot and send in pencil outlines. So the size will be pretty bang on unless you get your measurements wrong.As for price, they start at about $800. Double for shell.There aren't many places you can buy them off the rack. They're a very small manufacture. RRL sometimes has a run of them. I think Barneys does too. But they'll cost the same as MTO, so I don't know why anyone would buy them pre-made.
Gah! The wait is killing me. Mine should arrive this week.
+1Back when I believed "Rolex guy" was a type of person, I did everything to avoid liking the manufacture. I assumed they were overrated, overpriced and far too populist. Maybe this is partly true - when you consider it wasn't that long ago when you could buy one for a couple hundred bucks, while now it won't be long before $10k only gets you a basic model.But when it comes down to it, Rolex's popularity is pretty well-warranted. As a company, they have a mindset that...
 >sigh< Nothing crazy. Just a nice SBGA011.
Well I spoke too soon. Seller backed out last minute. Drat.
Beware the ides of March.   It's getting to be an annual occurrence, and I've just caught the pattern. Something about the drudgery of winter and the coming excitement of spring that awakens that itch. Before I know it, I've got the fever. A new self-imposed "need" surfaces that sends me fervently researching movements, comparing dial elements, justifying, waiting, researching prices, scouring Chrono24 and eBay and Watchuseek....   On March 10, last year, I acquired my...
Nomos is kind of the exact opposite of fashion. They're mid market, don't appropriate, don't cater much to major market trends or try to set them, don't charge a premium for a name, don't build a bloated marketing budget into the price tag...They do remain aesthetically consistent, know their customers and are so stylistically minimalist that the wearer, on any given city day, stands about a 1.5 percent chance of another person casually recognizing his watch and even...
Is it worth it for an industry outsider to go to Basel World? Would I be able to see anything up close? I'm debating popping over.
I imagine coke would be the most difficult and exclusive of all. Here we are dealing with the lightest and darkest color available, rather than letting blue be the middle ground. There is no additive color blending process to make that at scale in ceramic. Clearly that would be reserved for platinum.
An exclusive bezel certainly would help secure sales of a white gold model. But I'd still take any wager that the failure rate of Pepsi bezels is significantly higher than that of the BLNR.