or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I would very much like for somebody to explain to me the appeal of Panerai watches.    Not to cast any aspersions, I just don't quite get it. 
 Now that's what I call a Royal Joke.
Thanks guys. I really think everyone who goes near water should have a Seiko diver. I bought this to upgrade my little orange Starfish and am glad I did. Only problem is, there's nothing left to pine for in a "beater" diver. Diashield really is something and as cool as Seiko's kinetic and solar tech is, you get a certain confidence from a plain old mechanical automatic. Though I was told at the NYC Seiko boutique that Diashield can come off in chlorine. The sales person...
The Shogun - (SBDC007): A sub-$1,000 automatic diver that feels like a $3,000+ diver.   Easy to size up with the right tools.     Reminiscent of the Sub, but with a definite and unique Seiko twist.   Lightweight titanium bracelet. Comes with a rubber strap.   A view from the back end.       Feels nice. Titanium is cooler to the touch than steel, and extremely lightweight. The watch is just a great size overall and the smooth sweep of the second hand...
Got a chance to visit a watch boutique that only has one location in the U.S. this week...                    
  I'm guessing if you don't yet know whether or not the polishing will bother you, that it probably won't. But there are a number of factors one might consider. How many times was it polished? How skilled was the jeweler? I'll have a bracelet touched up by a competent jeweler. But cases, only the manufacturer. The potential undesirable effects also depend on the curves of the case. Are the lugs, edges rounded or acute? Are there engravings of any kind or is everything...
Pilot on yesterday's flight was wearing one too. Funny how you notice something acutely and start to see it everywhere.
@Renault78law   Love the Senator Sixties. It's got just the right touch of retro-whimsy in the typeface of the numerals without going full-on Franck Muller. I like to think about how much time G.O. executives spent considering and debating typefaces before settling on the sweeping, almost-calligraphic, numerals they ultimately chose.   I do like many of the brand's pieces, particularly the off-beat PanoMaticLunar, though I can see how - as Mimo says - some of the...
Done eating shit on EMES. Position closed. Lesson learned. General Electric anyone?