or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

White tea, 2.5 minutes. Green, 3. Black 4. Herbal,5-7. Elevator pitch, 3 minutes max. My friend's quarter mile time, 13.2 seconds. Time is money. Or, in some cases flavor.
I plead the Swatch association. But seriously, the 1863 is a fantastic movement any way you slice it, it wasn't a big deal ultimately to borrow from (now) Breguet. But I ultimately got swayed by finding a watch that hit on most of my criteria, then trying it on and quickly becoming unable to go on without it. Also, I felt the heritage and aesthetics was strong enough so as to not mind the movement being developed in a shop without the Omega stamp on it.
 These guys make the best moto packpack in the biz and some pretty great luggage: http://www.kriega.us/products/
@clpotter   I am around your age and like the look of some Breitlings. I was originally considering a Transocean or a Navimeter for my first serious watch. This was a while back. I'd seen the cool Travolta ads with the leather jackets and airplanes. I'd assessed that they were of better quality than Tag Heuer but not quite on par with Rolex and that I was okay with that because I'm not into Rolex for the same reasons I'm not into BMWs. But when I tried a few on my wrist,...
Is that an IWC Portuguese on Frank Underwood's wrist? I really don't think it fits his station. It's growing to be a problematic distraction when I watch the show.    
Half of me ways this very badly, while the other half wonders if the moon isn't just a bit overstated... Do we have an opinion on Arnold & Son's reliability?
O, the morning sun on a new watch.
I don't suppose I understand the intended purpose of a watch like this. While I enjoy looking at it, it seems like GP wants to create a slightly sportier dress watch, or perhaps a slightly dressier sports watch. Indeed 44mm is pretty ridiculous. Maybe they are trying to evoke images of a young, well-to-do gent dashing from trains to plains to meetings to nightclubs without any time to change watches...
So tempted to request a NOMOS proxy...
Yes, that is where GP seems to shine. And the GP traveler moon is a bit large and costly to be optimal for dress. I think I may just have a moonphase fetish at present.Pics!