or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

It doesn't smell at every studio... That might be one of those growing pains you find when hot yoga is relatively new to an area; it requires high-power climate control system and a vigilant cleaning staff = not a casual investment for a proprietor. The only thing I smell in that hot room full of trophy wives where I go (::checks over his shoulder::) is a faint whisper of almond.       Yes, Angel would probably be my pick, though I'm told I might get more closet space...
 @culverwood Haven't picked a location yet. We're looking at the North Southwark-Bermondsey area, possibly the Angel area. The relocation expert wants to show us Clapham, but it seems a bit far from Canary Wharf (Mrs. Hedonist's new workplace) and I've been told its overrun with Aussies. And of course Greenwich has an undeniable charm. (To bring it back around) I like to imagine myself setting my GMT II to the observatory clock. It's going to be a whirlwind tour the first...
Totally. Now if only the frackin' freezing rain would stop long enough to take her for a proper blast!
PT, not so much. Wouldn't mind knowing a good gym or two though, as I'm moving to London in five weeks. Do people do hot yoga there? Or is that more of a Yankee thing...
REUNITED!    
To be fair @Dachshund it may be that some sweat collected under the Rubber B at times. I just never really noticed. While we're discussing materials, the company uses Tenara thread by Gore. Probably one of many things contributing to the exorbitant price of Rubber B straps. It's supposed to be fairly impervious to the elements. But who knows.   Don't have any experience with caoutchouc, at least not to my knowledge. Curious though.
I just wore my Rollie+RubberB all around a hot, humid Caribbean island for half week. Ocean, rainforest, pool, restaurants etc. Only took it off to sleep (and a brief stretch of rock climbing). Between my metal, leather and cheaper rubber straps, I seem to notice this one's presence the least. There's nowhere for sweat to collect really, so I guess it just evaporates away.
I've got to say, I'm quite impressed with Rubber B's direction in watch straps. Thanks to @aleksandr, I decided to pick up one of their vulcanized rubber straps for my GMT II.   Now they've just launched hybrid straps of genuine Alligator (or full-grain leather) with a vulcanized rubber lining. Imagine that! The comfort of rubber with the luxury of alligator.   A few examples:           Purists will no doubt balk, but I like the idea of an Alligator strap...
 Well yeah, I think some are dial and some are crown. But specifically, I mean....
Can somebody translate these arcane symbols for me?