or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Yessss.
, +1
OMGOMGOMGOMG    Skully AR1 just became available for pre-order.    
Remember the first two rules of motorcycling.Rule no. 1) Look good.Rule no. 2) Safety first.
A would-be daredevil leading a group without discussing rider level is dangerous. Don't ride with anyone who hasn't read this:http://www.fjrowners.com/pace.html
Road trip in a car? I did that when I was a kid. And I learned a lot about America too. Mostly that it's nothing but corn and soy fields between Pennsylvania and Colorado. Boriiiing. If I'm going a distance I'm either flying through the night, drunk and knocked out on pills, or I'm getting some excitement out of it.   Hell, tomorrow I'm going to ride up to Lake Winnipesaukee for the night. It's an exercise in minimalism for sure. One pair of pants. Two sets of underwear....
 Road trips? Can't always predict the weather. Good to be prepared.  I think the main thing traction control is great for is the track though. If you have stupid-high HP, you need something to keep yourself from getting killed with it! At least I would.
Transit Uomo. Never before did a tee fit me so perfectly. Never before did I look at such a plain garment and say "that's beautiful." Nobody else has their dyes either. 
 "Issue" to some, "desired charm" to others. A British guy once broke it down to me something like this: If you ride the best-speced bike and are not always at the front of the pack, people will label you a wanker. You do not want to be a wanker. However if you ride a Triumph, a bike from a company that is not interested in spec sheets, you don't have the kind of pressure that comes with having the latest, best-speced bike. But if you overtake that guy with his new...
Yeah, personally I'm not all that tempted by all the gadgets and fancy electronics. ABS is non negotiable (It's saved my bacon in a few critical spots), but beyond that you're just making a bike that rides itself. I could see maybe if I was a track demon and was always like, number two or three in the pack and just couldn't gain that extra few feet - then maybe I'd lust after some teched-out Panigale so I could go full throttle out of an apex and not worry about sliding...