or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I'm looking for some simple black jeans. What do you guys think of these? Are the silvery buckles a bit much?
@MickeyPunch   I have the same issue as others with overheating from turtlenecks, so I avoid them. SNS in general make me very warm - as the wool is quite thick. So  I only wear the zip-up or button-up SNS sweaters. These are my favorites (I'm wearing my green Stark as I type this).   If I were going to go with a turtleneck, I'd buy something extremely breathable, like 100% cashmere (one ply), 100% merino wool, or maybe a wool-cotton blend - and thin. I would...
Hey Guys. After becoming initiated to the joys of shell by my Alden for BB LHS loafers, I'm in the market for a casual cordovan boot in either dark brown or Color 8 (cap toe or minimally-brogued wings). I'm finding it difficult to find many boots that are the right blend of casual + clean lines that aren't limited run and rare to locate. One local shop wants £800 for the only pair of Wolverine 721s in my size.   Wolverine has done a few (721/744), but they only seem to...
Do your time brah. I can "figure 8" like a motherf*ker
Oni "secret denim" 20 oz raw denim jacket.       To soak, or not to soak...
See also: Buttero and Diemme. CPs are too much work to break in. I'm convinced half of the people with them are wearing the wrong size.
For background, I tried on both of those jackets at Son of a Steer yesterday when I took a busted pair of raws in for some repair.  (They also had what might be the last pair of Shell 1000-mile 721LTDs in my size on Earth. But they want $1200 for them).   Whatever it is that "Secret Denim" comprises, I was pretty astounded by it. While I typically go for cleaner, more even surfaces, I could tell I was trying on something pretty special.   So I looked up the story of...
Thanks @KeithT   Navy looks great on that Monaco as well.   It's nice to have a strap that will pass as black in a dimly-lit environment, but lets out a nice bit of color when it's bright.
Well I'm sold.
Thanks @notwithit   Tough call. I'm leaning towards the Oni because I have a Levi's jacket that - while an updated, modern style - is closer to the SDA.   I just have no idea how that "secret denim" will break in or how much color it would stand to lose/how quickly....