or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I thought about BABA, but passed. With them, stocks don't represent actual equity in the company. So I had no idea what I would have been buying. But as a company they're totally crushing it.   Anyone have a good strategy for playing the Euro Zone crisis? Also wondering what people think about buying into Google at this stage of the game.
Hodinkee reviewers be all like...    

PS - Amazon accidentally sent me a SECOND LAMY 2000 rollerball in black.   Anybody fancy a pen trade? I wouldn't mind a nice mechanical pencil for sketching.
I don't take any real issue with my circa 2000 GMT II's bracelet, hollow center links and all. I like that they are very scratch resistant yet lightweight and relatively thin. The stamped crown is comple garbage compaired to the newer style. But I don't care much for logos of any kind. The adjustability of the newer clasps is very nice but I don't really adjust my bracelets much, so it's not a big deal. I cannot abide those polished center links though. I like the touch of...
So is that an easy fix? It's still under warranty if need be.. Lol @zippyh
I set my watches a bit over a week ago. As of today my Rolex is running 5 seconds fast, my Seiko is dead on and my Speedy is, well a bit speedy. 80 seconds fast. Does NASA really use these?
I sold the Audi today. Cash in hand. On the way to my bank to deposit the dough safely away, I passed by a few watch shops (being on foot and all). There was a moment or two when, upon attempting to walk past the signs, one foot suddenly felt glued to the pavement. I am proud, yet sad, to report that I stayed the hell out. Instead I turned my urge into a new outfit for Mrs. Hedonist from Saks. One with ample cleavage (read: gift for the Hedonist too).   Unfortunately,...
thanks @Journeyman !
This is not your grade school Jansport bakpack. Coach Men's dark brown Bleecker backpack is rugged enough to actually use, supple enough for a stylish guy and exclusive enough for the discerning adult. This was my everyday work/laptop bag for a while. But I'm moving to London and I don't think it would survive the British weather. My loss is your gain! Bag is in great shape with some mild patina on a few corners. It's clean, freshly moisturized and free of stains and...