or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Where can one find a pair of natural shell jumpers, anyhow? Not too keen on acquiring a #8, as I have a pair of dep red Trickers Stowes that I've darkened. Got my "red" shade need filled. Natural shell seems hard as hell to find right now.
Hm. You couldn't buy shell boots from Viberg now for any price, it seems.
I'm guessing the forum had a huge hardon for selvedge in the early 2000s. That would have been fun to witness.
It just dawned on me that "selvege," from a practical standpoint, probably doesn't confer any promise of better quality than denim cut from a larger bolt.
 "Oh sir... it's only wah-fer thin."
Bah. I'd push it if I could get the 501(c)3 receipt. >>puts his paddle down<<   Hey Fok, want to auction off an Oni Secret Denim type 3, size 40? Pretty sure it'd fit half the SW&D guys.
Better drop the hammer Fok, or the Christmas spirit might get out of hand.
I'm going to go against the grain here, but - yuppie status symbol or not - the Eames Lounge Chair is one of the great works of chair art. Might even be my favorite "comfy" chair. I can think of no better example of a blend of clean architectural design and sublime comfort.  It's right up there with the Van der Rohe Barcelona chair, Saarinen's "Tulip" set and Jacobse's egg chair (though the last one is not quite so stylistically accessible).   Though I really don't think...
LHS in cigar shell! You hear tales of these rare birds. But you seldom catch a glimpse...