or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

@Dino944 - Again, it was just at this particular conference with this group of guys. Seemed like one big Rolex club! Yikes. Right now, I'd hesitate to make any big purchase. The markets are a sea of red and I hear analists saying we should expect everything from a correction to a global catastrophe of epic proportions. Either way, watches will probably be had at much better prices in the coming months...
Might be a good time to buy some gold...
My securities analyst friend said this might be the big one. I'm upping my %cash big time. Just in case.
General thoughts: 1) I'd rather pay extra for the pleasure of knowing and getting exactly what I want than get a deal on something I have to convince myself I want. Even better is getting a deal on exactly what I want... 2) Lately I am finding myself rather "watch happy" with what I've got. It's nice to lose that lust and just - well - love the ones your with. General update: A little more than a year ago I was a true Rolex unbeliever. Just thought they were overrated,...
Has it really been a year? Ah I remember. Many good soles perished in the great Welt War. But in the end, at least, they were all in stitches!
 The feel of an engine/bike you broke in yourself... that is one with your habits...that you intend to not sell for the foreseeable future and run into the ground.... It's like why would someone buy a brand new pair of Aldens for $700 if you can find them used for $300 on eBay. Well that cork in the footbed... it has shaped to someone ELSE's feet...
Alden for BB. Unlined and smooooth
Just not a fan of the single-light design on these bikes. That's really something that looks better on a Duc..
From a design standpoint, round lights don't work with the re-designed body work of the modern Street Triple.   Pre 2012, the body had much more rounded detailing.      Smooth swooping lines, bulging round pipes, round mirrors... It was perfectly cohesive.     But then they changed the design, introducing sharper, more acute angular details.     To put two circles in a sea of trapezoids, triangles and jagged ice would be like asking Thor to throw boulders...
The new shit > the old shit.