or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I'm having trouble choosing a pair of Trickers. I've got it more or less narrowed down to two. Which is more likely to become a dress-casual wardrobe mainstay?   The legendary country Stow (in acorn, I also like the navy but blue, I think, is an awkward color for shoes if you wear jeans).   Or the unusual, sleek city Chepstow jodhpurs?  
$425
 Well then, allow me to test the waters. I'll report back about whether or not my order makes it to the humidor.
Hmm, not sure, seems my order will be processed. I wait with baited breath.
Oh momentous day. I've just ordered my first legal bundle of Partagas Cubans from Cigar Export to be sent to Boston It seems some of the e-tailers have moved very quickly on this. Seems that the rule is you must keep import value below $100, so boxes will likely be an issue. Inconvenient, but a step in the right direction.   Cheers to the new era of American cigar enjoyment.
@Beane   I like the quality of Bonobos in general. Earlier on, when they were selling many other brands and building their collection, the quality of many pieces was suspect. I recently compared my older models to the newer versions in the Boston "showroom" and its clear that their NYC team has found better sourcing people.   Their construction certainly is not perfect across all lines. The shirts generally don't work for me (between sizes) and I've never really found...
The correct reply to any complement is, simply, "Thank you."
How are you liking the Galvanic? I sometimes wonder if the extra length over my IFJ would be worth switching. Can't comment on that model's zippers but my Veilance jacket's zipper is usually quite easy, unless the fabric want's to jump inside. A well placed thumb quickly guards against that. As for the warmth, I'm sure you'll be fine. With Gore Tex backed with Coreloft you'll be able to wear the jacket over a Tee shirt into the 40s and a sweater into the 30s. If you plan...
However it is to happen I highly endorse getting an Insulated Field Jacket. Maybe sell some extra stuff on eBay. It's easily the most crucial and revered article of clothing in my wardrobe during the times when I use it.   I wear it in all temperatures/(informal)conditions below 43 degrees. Nothing has yet to stain/hurt/tear/mess up whatever proprietary weave of nylon composes the shell of this jacket. I will admit, there is some collar fuzzing due to my beard. Not a big...