or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

Oh hey, not bad. Decent selection and the prices seem much more reasonable than what I'm reading they charge for Vintage Omegas in London. Thanks!
Dents.co.uk 20% off everything. Seems to be a glitch at the shopping cart for another 20% off.   Get in there fast.
It's a track bike, mate. That's it. If I bought one, it'd be in addition to my Triple.   Personally, I think the sport position is pretty ridiculous for everyday use when you look at how far sport standards have come...
How about people who watch movies on their iPhones?    
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-rc390-usa/   Looks like it's going to be here in 2015.   I mean with something like this out there, why bother taking a street bike and "tracking it" at all?
Omg omg. ::wringing his hands with excitement::   KTM RC390 is going to be released in the U.S. at a price tag of $5,500   It'll ton up. It'll stick to the track. It'll lean at insane angles and - with a top speed of 111 and 44BHP - you'll get to run the rev range through the entire gearbox. What a fun little toy. I'd been thinking of buying a new watch, but this might be more fun.  
 Infatuation may be a more accurate word at this stage. And I hear what you're saying about legitimate dealers only bothering if there's a huge markup. I haven't seen one that really made me want to jump yet for less than double what these watches are supposedly worth. Thank you for your words of caution.  That is a gorgeous example. Just the sort of style I'm looking for. As a matter of fact, I'll be in London next week with Mrs. Hedonist, and had been considering looking...
 Struck out at European Watch Co. A rep there told me "We're a very small shop and we have many people who ask us to help them find a particular model...etc." Brushed off. Perhaps Paul Duggan might be of more assistance. Thanks, I didn't know about that shop. So I suppose I'd best just avoid online sellers altogether, eh?
I don't know what has happened, but suddenly I am quite obsessed with finding a vintage Omega Constellation of the "pie pan" variety, possibly a cal. 564. Something like this:       Only the more I research the movements and styles of the Constellations from the late 50s through mid 60s, the more I find myself not trusting any seller I come across. I'm quite convinced that as many as 70% of these on eBay are far from original, if not flagrant frauds from Asia. And...
I hate eBay sometimes. There are no real auctions left, no good prices. If something looks like a bargain, it's probably a fake or damaged. The platform is flooded with high-volume professional sellers and garbage items to the point where it's usually more economical to pay full price for something from a legit source than to waste hours of I-could-have-been-making-money time trying to find a bargain.   What happened eBay? You used to be such a great resource!