or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

I winterized my bike the on Tuesday and just flew back to England. Boy I sure did make a mess of the oil change. Ya never know how far out the initial spout will shoot. Good times. This season was too short.
Is it the oil, canvas and frame that make the Mona Lisa, or the idea itself brought to material fruition by the toil of man for no reason more primary than that it be enjoyed (and perhaps net the maker a few shekels in the process)?For every watch there was a first model, but that it was replicated does not take away from the strength in reflection of that original concept's execution.Yes, the only valid opposition to my assertion would have to illustrate that high end...
 You know, I'm questioning whether I'd really want to think about moving from one watch to another as something that can be considered an "upgrade." Given that A) Art is something that is enjoyed for form more so than practicalityB) Art is desirable for the subjective emotional response it evokes more so than the objective function it providesC) Objects of art may provide some functionD) High-end* watches do provide some function, yet are enjoyed primarily emotionally and...
Hmmm, do I buy back the VOO that I sold on the way down, now that' it's much lower, or wait to see what happens...
That moment when your shell LHS penny loafers finally go from blister factories to the most comfortable things you own.  
I fly back to London in two days. Won't be back 'til December. Time to winterize my bike.   This sucks.   Edit: Actually, it's pretty awesome.
I'm mostly concerned about the spin The Donald is going to put on this...
Green shell makes me randy. In New York yesterday I saw a guy with green shell loafers that he had polished with black polish to make an uneven burnishing effect. I should have asked who made them.
Yeah I know what you mean about the date window. It took a bit of getting used to. But I seem to check the date almost as often as the time on my watch and it sure is convenient to have it magnfied and staring up at me.Another option - if you don't like the PCLs - is going pre-owned. I bought a 16710 and love it. You can get one for close to half of what the new ceramic models are going for, and the DNA is pretty much the same. I actually prefer the older models after...
Well that's easy. Which are you more likely to do: dive or travel internationally?