or Connect

Posts by BostonHedonist

You certainly speak reasonably, sir. I certainly wouldn't say I'm tired of the Speedy. I just like so many watches and can only have so very few. I do hope to build a collection strong enough that I should never feel compelled to part with any one. The GMT II would likely be as safe a second entry as possible. My thanks for entertaining my wandering eye!
... and then I handled a black & blue GMT Master II.
While you're looking around, you might as well take a peak at this cashmere hoodie. I'm the same height and have one of these that I got on sale. Not as good as you get with the 40% on top of 30% that's going on now though.
Trickers is great with customer service in general. They've sent me out some spare matching suede and leather bits to have my leatherworker fashion a tongue loop for my wayward boot tongue.
100% wool means "do not wash."
Looks like JLC added the black dial MUT moon to their site.  
 It shouldn't be terribly surprising considering Jerome Lambert, former CEO at JLC, is now CEO at Montblanc. For half the price of a JLC dual time, the new Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Dual Time doesn't seem like too much of a compromise. Sure the JLC is unquestionably superior in form. But twice as good? Certainly not.
Not to draw the ire of the crowd, but does anyone have an opinion of Montblanc watches from experience?   This dual time is rather attractive, though I don't know much about the quality of Montblanc watches. I'm assuming the movements are somewhat generic...  
 Yes agreed. Just meant to highlight the importance of shoe trees rather than take a jab at brushes. As for brush quality, I usually just go for the cheapest brush of the size I want that is 100% horse hair and wood. Never had an issue with the ones I got from the hanger project or the local markets, but I certainly wouldn't recommend over-investing in a brush. I figure horse hair is horse hair. Now here's a question. How many brushes does one need? I've got three...
The Hanger Project for cedar and brushes. Saphir for fancy creams. Lexol for everyday basics.