or Connect

Posts by user201212

It will be a combination of both over the next few months as I grow my wardrobe. I'll prob have a few shirts made custom but certainly not all. Just trying to find the name of good tailor in NYC for this type of work. Like I said, I assume I don't need to go to one of these super high end places to get this basic work done. Please and thank you!
No I'm not planning on getting all of that custom. I just want accurate measurements for future use and I will probably buy most things off the rack and get them altered. I'm still cutting weight (down 55lbs) so I don't want to get too crazy with custom stuff for another year or so.    EDIT: I'd also like to order from a few online stores so having my measurements will make it easier to place an order. Thx
Hey everyone,  I just had a quick question. As someone who has never really had their measurements taken properly, where should I go in NYC to get it done? I assume I don't need to go to any of these really high end places you are all discussing, but I'm not against it. I'm looking to buy a few suits, pants, and dress shirts as I've recently landed a pretty nice job that will require dressing up a bit more than I'm used to.   Thanks for any helpful info. I live in...
  Yea I hear yah, I'm just a little nervous buying a 34 and spending 220+tax/shipping, knowing it won't fit me right away. I guess that's the denim game. Maybe I'll buy 2 pair, one cheaper size 36 I can wear right away and then get a really nice 34 and take some time to properly break them in...hmm 
  Thanks, those look nice but was hoping for a size 35. I'll look for a few days before I end up pulling the trigger on a 36. Thanks for the input though!
Hey SF, I'm in the market for my second pair of raw denim. My first pair was a JBrand Kane Raw size 36x32. I have lost a bit more weight and really need a size 35. (34 is really too small and I'd like to wear them comfortably from day one) I know this is a tough size to find, but does anyone have any advice? I'd like a medium/thicker weight denim. Definitely a deep/dark finish in a straight leg fit. I can spend ~$200 or so. Any input would be really appreciated. I'm 6'2...
This is a pair of 36"x32" J.Crew straight leg jeans. As you can tell they are pretty baggy on me. I will definitely hit up SelfEdge, but its too late tonight. What size/type of cut do you think would work well with my body type? I'm not really into "skinny jeans" just something a bit more tailored is what I have been looking for...    
Ok I think I'll do that tomorrow.   Thank you, I think I'll head over there tomorrow.      
I have an athetic build 6'2 200lbs and recently lost 50lbs. All my current jeans are really big on me (36"x32"). I've never had slim fitting jeans and am more the straight leg/bootcut jean wearer. I'm not looking to get a pair of raw denim because I want to wear them this weekend and I feel like I need to break them in around the house first. (Right?) I have normally been wearing either Polo or J.Crew jeans and I have always liked them. I'm looking for something a bit...