or Connect

Posts by patrick_b

They were brand new w/tags and marked as a 32 inseam. It's clear they haven't been altered and I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt and assume he just didn't notice it. To be honest, I didn't notice it when I initially tried them on either. It wasn't until I put them on to wear for the day that I noticed the difference. It's almost like one leg is a 34 and the other is a 32. I plan get the longer leg hemmed to match the shorter one as I wanted the 32 length to...
 Wow, I really like the Stillwater wash. A bit more faded that I wanted this time around. The Helm is a nice slightly distressed wash but my next pair will likely be something the stillwater. I've never paid much attention to the washes other than "one wash" or "rinse". However, I don't wear denim enough to ever get decent fades and I was never comfortable buying snug and allowing it to stretch. So all my denim ended up too big post-stretch. The one pair I own that faded...
 Interesting about the RRL on the coin pocket. The US RRL shop shows the embroidery but other retailers (3rd party and RRL Asia for instance) do not. The rivet is there, just not visible in my picture. They may be 2nds, I'm not entirely sure. They weren't listed as 2nds (reputable ebay seller). This is my first slim straight and they are definitely snugger than I'm accustomed to however, most of my raw/rigid denim ends up stretching and looking baggy. These are already...
Picked up a pair of Slim Straight in Helm wash recently via ebay (NWT). Put them on today for the first time and found one leg about 1.5" longer than the other. Not a difficult fix but that's a new one for me.   The image exaggerates a bit as they aren't lined up perfectly but it's a clear difference. First experience with a non-rigid selvedge jean. RRL seems to do a great job with these washes. I'm pleased with the look.  
  Those really look great. I've come to the conclusion that roughout rules! 
 Funny you say that. I have them too along with the dark green and original khaki twill. The Herringbone probably get the least amount of wear but I do like them.  
 Damn! A half size too big. Good luck, it's a great deal.
 Sadly no returns on a GMTO but I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time recouping your costs to someone who missed out in the first place. Just take a look at how many folks post "want to buy" posts when the GMTO's come in.
 Nowhere close in terms of quality. They are a decent boot in the $300 range. At the same price as Whites, you are getting a much better boot with Whites.
 You do wear it well. Just need better lighting!