or Connect

Posts by patrick_b

Wow, fits like it was made for you. Did you get it tailored or is that off the rack? Either way, it looks superb on you.
Just some reference/comparison shots. 2040 last in roughout, 110 last in vintage mocha. Both 10.5.      
  Hard to tell from your photo but they don't look off at all to me. I'm an 11D brannock and wear 10.5 in my Vibergs as well. I never understood the concern that boots look too big in larger sizes. Maybe if you were at 12-13 but IMO 10.5 looks fine. With that said, if you don't like the look, you don't like the look. I always thought the IH 310 makeups looked great but I'm not skinny like you. My jeans always end up with a 8.5-9" hem because of the waist size.
  That's amazing. I picked up a pair of Vibergs using a 25% code at Notre last spring. I was so surprised it worked. I'm tempted but the wedge sole is not something I love. Thanks for the heads up!
Old porcelain sign.  
Sent you a PM.
Another tool by United Shoe Machinery (USMC), a Clicking Hatchet or Scrap Hatchet. It's used to chop the small bits of leather left over after clicking. While only 6 or 7 inches in length, it weighs about 3 lbs, allowing the user to chop, rather than cut. It's a real beast in the hand.  
110 last, mocha vintage on commando, GYW. Breaking in nicely and comfortable from the start.   The UK made commando is very heavy duty. The wide lugs allow a lot of gravel and debris to get wedged but they grip like crazy in mud. I assume they'll perform well in snow.  
Decent wool socks are always more than $10. Smartwool casual socks (not their hikers) are great. On sale they'll be close to $10. Darn Tough have also served me well. I think these from Orvis are made by Darn Tough and are $50/3 pack. Great boot socks and they really last.http://www.orvis.com/p/invincible-extra-socks/177B?item_code=177B1152&adv=127748&cm_mmc=plas-_-Men'sClothing-_-177B-_-127748&kpid=177B-11-52&gclid=CN2P2_be1c8CFUEmhgodwHoJQg
My interest in quality footwear coupled with an appreciation for vintage and antique items has led to a small collection of shoemaker's and cobbler's items. Around the turn of the last century Massachusetts was the shoe making capital of the world (http://news.wgbh.org/post/how-lynn-became-shoe-capitol-world).  As a result of all that shoe making history it's common the find these items at our local flea markets and antique shops.   For instance, in 1899 United Shoe...