or Connect

Posts by patrick_b

Because most EG fans are much smaller than me, I've been very lucky sourcing XL shirts and jackets on sale. Good luck!
FWIW, I have a 44" chest and fit well in Bedfords in XL. I just need to get the sleeves shortened. I have the navy wool serge Bedford from FW13 and the khaki cotton Bedford from SS12.
   One dude completely derailed the Wolverine 1K and OSB threads as well. I guess that's all it takes...
What is it about the footwear threads at sf? Like many folks, I spend a disproportionate amount of my sf time at the various footwear threads, EG, C&J, Alden, AE, Whites, RW, OSB, shoecare, RMW and even the Wolverine 1K thread a few yrs ago. It seems that these threads attract many of the same people (myself included) and are some of the most informative, pleasant threads around. However, all it takes is one individual to throw a wrench into the works and they can implode...
Interesting...look forward to seeing the results.
I was thinking the same thing. That area creases, lightens, darkens, etc. it will likely blend in in short order. Nice find!
Thanks for the feedback gents. Much appreciated.
I finally had a chance to try the Dover/606 last at Sid Mashburn a couple of weeks ago while in Atlanta for business. Sadly, they were a tad narrow in the toebox and the instep too snug. Length was fine so I didn't want to go up a half size. They don't carry additional widths. What are my options? MTO in a wider size? Different last? Go with a different model? For reference: http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/footwear/dark-oak-antique-edward-green-dover-split-toe.html
Wish I could offer some advice but I know what you mean about heavy. I have the snuff Barrie chukka on crepe and tan Leydon chukka on waterloc/flexwelt. I like the idea of crepe but wish there was a lightweight version. The crepe version is a great travel shoe but I wish it were a bit lighter.
How'd he do it?My PCTs lightened up over the last couple of yrs (one more than the other).Next to some newish #8 for reference.