or Connect

Posts by trum01

I dont think I saw a mention for Lacoste Slim Fit on this thread. They're actually not too bad at all. 
Wow talk about a rant.    Just to be clear - I empathize. In fact, the same thing happened to me at Gilt. I purchased a Calvin Klein Collection 'Marianna' shirt that was stated to be 'Made in Italy'. When I received it, it said 'Made in Tunisia'. Obviously, I was less than pleased (that is an understatement). I emailed Gilt, and within 15 mins got a reply asking for a picture of the label, which I promptly sent. In less than 1 hour, I got an email stating that they...
Interesting the consensus here is that the shirt chest should be 3-4 inches more than your actual chest size.    Turnbull and Asser says 6-8 inches. I quote "We recommend 6” to 8” (15.2cm to 20.3cm) over a customer’s chest measurement to allow for freedom of movement."   http://store.turnbullandasser.co.uk/Sizing_information/
I just ordered a Charles Tyrwhitt in 14.5, Tailored Fit. Let's see how it compares to the Zara slim fit.   An interesting tidbit - I'm pretty damn skinny, and I once ordered a Calvin Klein Collection slim fit in size 37, and it was too tight around the stomach and waist. I'm not sure how that could fit anyone.  
  Hm. Look at 14.5 for both.   CT chest is 40.2 and waist is 37.4. BB chest is 39.5 and waist is 37.   Oddly enough, things change at neck size 15 (and after I think) -   CT chest is 41.3, waist is 38.6 BB chest is 41.5, waist is 39.
  It gave me the 10% off, but not the free shipping. What gives? Is it US only free shipping?
Bump.    Still no conclusive answer? Going by the size charts BB seems slimmer but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Does anyone have a shirt in the same size from each brand that they can measure?
   Let me know if they shrink a bit ... I may pick some up then as well. Did you get the Non-Iron or the regular ones? I imagine the non-iron ones will be less comfortable ...
  The BB Extra Slim Fit 14.5 will definitely be looser than a H&M Small. I have a 34" chest and when I tried the BB Extra Slim fit it was an okay not great fit. H&M fits better for me. 
I like this JV jacket on Yoox but have heard conflicting things on his sizing. I pretty skinny ... 34 inch chest. Anyone have ideas on whether a S will fit? Also is it safe to assume thats its JV Collection and not JV Star USA? Yoox seems to have a quite a bit of JV priced very reasonably.   http://www.yoox.com/item.asp/tskay/451A93B0/cod10/41279527RP