or Connect

Posts by j ingevaldsson

Interesting to see those pics Ron! The first one definitely is very similar to Meccariellos version, just a different medallion and seams along the punching.
^^^ Those are really great Bengal!! Love the colour.
^^^ According to Antonio he was first. It's a lovely model, no wonder Bontoni (if they now did) and also Magnanni has copied it. I actually did a version myself with the Italian/Swedish brand Italigente, some tweaks like a different medallion but Antonio's version (which I own myself) was the model for it:
He only has two working for him, and he is struggling a lot to keep up with orders and e-mails. He has grown too much too fast I guess. So those who order from him have to have patience, you will get responses to your e-mail and you will get your shoes (which will be great), but it will take time.
I haven't seen it IRL before either, though I've seen pics of Marcell Mrsan of Koronya trying it. To only glue the waist is pretty common, but to Blake stitch it is obviously not.Whether or not barefoot running is great or not I'm not going to get into, so many different opinions about that, both from experts and those who tried it.Yes too much arch support for someone with very low arch is probably not the most comfortable.All people have different feet, and different...
Yeah, the thing with the whole "barefoot theory" is that we don't live the same way as back in the very old days. We don't walk on soft ground but on hard asphalt and we don't go barefoot. And yes too cushioned shoes isn't necessary good, but good arch support is quite the opposite. It makes your feet less tired throughout the day and makes the feet sink and go flat less throughout the years. There's a great series with an orthopaedic doctor on feet and shoes on...
Good, for almost everyone.
 Instep looks higher than it is IME, it's pretty standard. He actually Blake stitch the waist on these RTW, welt and sole stitch is hand sewn. The thing that is most prominent with these compared to regular RTW shoes, also premium brands like EG, G&G or Lobb, is the extremely good arch support. Both since it's based on a bespoke last, so the last shape is much more curved inwards at the arch, and because the heel stiffener goes all the way front of the arch, almost to the...
Cross post from the Bestetti thread: The shop Spiga 3 in Gothenburg has just received stock of three RTW Hand welted models from Bestetti. A burgundy wholecut on chiseled 1966 last, Maverick adelaide in dark brown on classic round 1967 last, and the Boston derby in vintage tobacco on last 1967. Think it's the first time ever that Bestetti's shoes are available for direct purchase online. Price including lasted shoe trees is 9495 SEK (€1000), or for customers outside EU who...
The shop Spiga 3 in Gothenburg has just received stock of three RTW Hand welted models from Bestetti. A burgundy wholecut on chiseled 1966 last, Maverick adelaide in dark brown on classic round 1967 last, and the Boston derby in vintage tobacco on last 1967. Think it's the first time ever that Bestetti's shoes are available for direct purchase online. Price including lasted shoe trees is 9495 SEK (€1000), or for customers outside EU who can deduct the high Swedish VAT it's...