or Connect

Posts by j ingevaldsson

Nice! That Marcus guy leading the house now really brings them into the 21st century.
 I feel that I have learned a lot from your posts here regarding shoemaking. With your logic, I haven't really learned anything at all, I can't understand it at all, since I'm not a shoemaker. Funny thing is, that when I write things that goes in exactly the line of your opinion, I have understood things, but when I write things that's not to your line, I can't understand anything at all. And may I ask why you think it's worth posting on StyleForum (where there's very few...
 Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that your answer makes me much clearer to my main question. I'm not sure why I should see you as much more objective than Daniel Wegan or Janne Melkersson, or many other of those I learn from. And my point wasn't that you were wrong, or that they were right, I just used those examples to make it more understandable. My point was why I should take your words for more than theirs. It's second hand info to me. Theirs are...
 No worries, wasn't so clear.
 Daniel Wegan works for Gaziano & Girling's bespoke department. And for what it's worth, Bestetti only glue on Dainite soles on his bespoke shoes as well.
  This is actually a bit interesting. It’s just not this occasion, but others as well. I’m not a shoemaker, I will never become a shoemaker. I will always have second hand experience (well mostly at least, since the small steps into ”the real world” are so few for me). So, I talk to others that do. First of all, I haven’t said that you can’t do it, or that anyone else said that you can’t do it. You do imply that I didn’t ask questions, which you don’t have any reason to...
 According to both Vass and Daniel Wegan at Gaziano & Girling it's the awls that has been the problem for them. Daniel Wegan has expressly said that "awls breaking" was the problem, Vass just mentioned the awls and I didn't ask more than that.
 Didn't look too close, but yes, those are definitely had stitched. Cool, they must have found a type ow awl that worked for it. Bet those Vass makers wouldn't know how to handle a sole stitching machine, they are hand workers only :)
 Dainite soles aren't thicker than that, it's the standard. Single Dainite are just like that from all makers. The reason that they are a bit softer from start than your normal single Dainite soled shoe could be the smaller hollow and cork build up, since it's hand welted and not Goodyear welted. Didn't realise it at first, but they have actually invested in a sole stiching machine! Your pair Ville is the first pair I've seen with full sole stitch, instead of the few hand...