or Connect

Posts by j ingevaldsson

Amlai: Awesome shoes, congrats!
 No, not necessarily, at least not since most shoes aren't being resoled more than the 3-4 times that you can be certain it can at a factory (note, it can be more, it's just a generalisation). And there are several pros of doing factory resolings as well. My view, and know many others as well, is that the perfect combination is to do the standard resoles at your cobbler, and every other or so send them back to the factory. that way is probably the solution that gives you...
I wouldn't know why. Maybe he wants to play on the old, or maybe just finds it nice looking.
Yeah, but what I tried to say was that it's no difference for a cobbler with a hand welted shoe, if the sole stitch is made by machine. To put it simple, for all the shoes you sell a cobbler resole them the same way, be it any of the Goodyear welted brands or EBs Blake/Rapid or their and SCs hand welted shoes. They all have a sole stitch made by machine, and that's the only thing a cobbler touch when doing a regular resole (both with full and half).If we then go on to the...
A Blake/Rapid shoe and a hand welted shoe with machine made sole stitch which Bonafé makes are resoled exactly the same way as a Goodyear welted shoe, any cobbler can do this. Its the same machine stitching on all three construction methods soles. It's only if you wear down the midsole (in The Blake/Rapid case) or the welt (in the welted case) that things change. And for that matter a good cobbler can also exchange the welt by hand welting if needed, you don't need the...
Cross post from the Japanese shoe thread: Some pics from my visit at Shoji and Yuriko Kawaguchi of Marquess last year (post now since I just wrote a report about the brand on my blog), don't think I've posted any of them before:        [[SPOILER]]    .
Some pics from my visit at Shoji and Yuriko Kawaguchi of Marquess last year (post now since I just wrote a report about the brand on my blog), don't think I've posted any of them before:        [[SPOILER]]    .
Great read ThunderMarch, and great shoes! 
^^^Burnhamn on MH71 in any color, mmmhh.. 
 Yes with a standard resole at a cobbler you only cut of the sole part that's been worn down, exchange that and do new sole stitches in that area, plus exchange the heel top piece. Here's a pic of a shoe which been fixed at a local cobbler here in Sweden, with a closed channel, you can see the edge of the new sole part in the front of the waist:  Off topic I know, but it's always nice to see the difference with a before pic (please note this pair wasn't mine, I take care...