or Connect

Posts by j ingevaldsson

Sure. Might be a language thing, but here in Sweden I've learned to distinguish it (now directly translated) plastic/thermoplastic -> Celastic -> leatherboard -> leather. But yes Celastic is plastic, like I write, plastic impregnated fabric.Leatherboard is composite yes, but of course its called what it's called since it consists of leather shavings (think that's the English word for it).
 Are you sure Carmina use plastic for the heel counter? If anything, it would be celastic (fabric impregnated with plastic) which might be what you mean, but I thought it was leather board. Toe stiffener is plastic or celastic for pretty much all factory made RTW brands, even Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling and the likes.
   Thank you very much! They hold up pretty well. It's Annonay leather but they only had a hide that other shoes had been made of before, so wasn't the absolute best parts of the hide that was used. Still good though, and ageing nicely. The sole is JR and pretty thick, so won't where that through for a long time.
     Thank you very much guys!
 Nice! Sole stitching looks much tighter than on their RTW/MTO. So it was kind of a "distance bespoke thing" then?
Crosspost from the bespoke thread: My pair from Kielman was polished this evening, snapped a pic afterwards:  
 Here's a picture of them from a while ago:   Can go ahead and crosspost from the bespoke thread: My pair from Polish bespoke maker Jan Kielman was polished this evening, snapped a pic afterwards: 
My pair from Polish bespoke maker Jan Kielman was polished this evening, snapped a pic afterwards:  
Towcester is a great model! Have a pair in Parisian suede, very nice, but the sun medallion comes out much more nicely on smooth leather.
 Fit. Almond toe and Perfetta are based on the same base last, which works better for my type of feets than the classic round and classic square lasts, which is based on another form. So much easier for Riccardo to make the modifications needed for a really good fit for me on those lasts.