or Connect

Posts by Gardener

I like them ...   There is an owl print one I wear when I expect to be doing an all-nighter.   Amuses the colleagues. 
A part of British tailoring has it's roots in the making of military uniforms. The way I understand it, that is where the rope shoulder construction has it's origins. I don't claim to be an expert on this, but my tailor tells me that rope shoulders give a suit a more structured, formal look (by providing a more defined (1) end to the shoulder and (2) start to the sleeves). It would be in contrast to a more relaxed look that would result from having a neapolitan...
Hello all   Would be grateful for a bit of help on this one - is it possible to tell from the photos if these shoes are blake or blake/rapid?                             I have read the posts here on the quality of Gucci RTW, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with their MTM shoes. In particular, if they might be of a better quality.    Many thanks in  advance.      Gardener
Hello all   I am based in London and have been following this forum for awhile.  I have however only just registered.    This forum has been an absolute treasure trove of information, that has helped me make informed decisions as I took my first tentative steps into the world of bespoke suits and shoes.   To all the posters that have so generously shared your knowledge - many thanks!