or Connect

Posts by cuponoodles

I actually disagree. For one, I don't think the lapels are at all too slim, nor do I think the jacket too short for your frame. The slightly shorter jacket is still very much in the "acceptable" range, and it has the added benefit of lengthening your bottom half (exactly what a shorter jacket is supposed to do), which lengthens you visually. The slightly smaller lapel also necessarily complements your small point-to-point shoulders - I actually think it works. I agree with...
If you can, give us the low down on the experience - I'm probably going to pull the trigger in a few months, and would love to hear a bit more about how the process works. 
 Do you know where the fabrics from EG are sourced? Are you familiar with the factories that produce each garment, and the individuals who do so? I don't trust information from people on "materials and construction" who are not experienced tailors (or those who work in the textile industry). Frankly, everyone else has no idea what they're talking about. 
 What evidence do you have that the quality is better?
 This is the exact same coat they had last season. I remember going to buy it and returning it the next day (ended up buying a similar coat from somewhere else - initially didn't like the fit), but now I kind of regret it.
 I love this shirt. 
Looks like a pure marketing scheme to me. I'd expect them to be half-canvassed - they must be trying to increase the value component of their brand and distance it slightly from some of the more luxe products they offer. Get people in the door with their basic Blue Line option and build a strong, returning customer base that's willing to spend money on future suiting in other lines and models. 
Link: http://dappered.com/2014/01/sneak-peak-suitsupply-lookbook-spring-2014/   Suitsupply S/S 2014 Sneak Peek. 
 While I agree, I think fabric selection is important as well. I very much avoid (due to bad experiences) most things in their cotton/cashmere line, but absolutely love their merino sweaters. They have lasted me a long time, hold their shape well, and generally look great. 
 I got it a couple of weeks ago. I'm usually a medium (6'/190) in most shirts, but I size down to a small for outerwear. This was no exception. I actually found the fit a bit larger than their other outerwear - it was a bit boxy, and I had to take it to my tailor to get it taken in at the sides (I also may have to get the sleeves slimmed a bit in the future). Although it's 100% wool, the wool is a bit of lighter weight than more traditional toggle coats (it's also fully...