or Connect

Posts by goneAWOL

Burberry trench's are the one thing that are probably worth picking up with the old "Burberry's" tag.  From my understanding, Burberry's and Aquascutum made some of the most popular and best quality trench coats for several decades back in the day. Someone can feel free to correct me on that.  Plus they do pretty well on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/csc/Coats-Jackets-/57988/i.html?_nkw=burberry+trench&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc   I wouldn't say that absolutely nothing with the...
  I'm pretty sure Taglio Exclusivo is their MTM line.  The trofeo is a fabric Zegna uses, and its definitely pretty nice.  I think the Trofeo stuff and 15 mil mil stuff is right under EZ Couture.  I don't know anything about high performance, but its probably another fabric.  I'm guessing both those suits are from the late 90s or possibly early 2000s.   On a side note, I think that windowpane suit is literally the exact same suit I sold about a month...
  I'm pretty sure those are real just from looking at the pictures.  I have a pair of fake ray-bans aviators, and it is incredibly obvious that they are fake.  They are extremely flimsy, have plastic-like lenses, and have absolutely no writing on them anywhere other than the "Ray-ban" on the top right lens. Your's look to be pretty good quality and have the details.  As a general rule, I've found that fake items don't show up hardly ever at thrift stores (with the...
  Its just a little bit old.  Before 3-5 years ago, BB didn't have the Madison, Regent, or Fitzgerald lines.  There was just mainline, 346 (the outlet), and ones like golden fleece and hand tailored.  This is just regular mainline and probably from 2000-2003.  I definitely would not buy it, as its nothing really special and likely an orphan.  After spending enough time thrifting, you'll find yourself running into BB stuff with this label pretty often.

It was definitely pretty recent, and actually now that I'm going back and looking at the pictures it wasn't HF, let alone made in USA.  Part of the problem might have been that it was solid khaki, so a possible orphan.  It still surprised me.  I had it listed for $50 for a while and it was getting less than 20 views.   [[SPOILER]]   And how the hell did you sell that old HF for $60???  This just happened to me last week, which was quite...
  Yeah, I picked up a G&H SC a while back that was made in USA by Hickey Freeman, and I had trouble even selling it for $10.  It was side-vented too.  I received 3 or 4 messages by confused potential buyers who didn't understand how it was made in USA when G&H is a Saville Row tailor.  After learning it was licensed, everyone lost interest.  I could see a suit doing better though.   EDIT:  Sorry Brian, I didn't mean to sound snarky.  It was meant to be a playful jab, no...
  You neglected to take a closer look at the completed listings.  All the ones that sold did not look like they were licensed, but rather actually made in London by G&H. 
  Probably a good pass.  Licensed G&H doesn't have a whole lot of value, and since that is unvented and made in HK it probably isn't worthwhile.
I hear ya.  Its a different story when you're talking about so-so condition items and less dollar value items.  I would feel awful even asking for a high price to another thrifter.  I was mainly referring to nice high dollar stuff like Brioni, RLPL, Kiton jackets/suits.  I just think you're crazy for selling that stuff for cheap.  You're talking a quarter to half a grand that you're giving to another guy you know on the internet...       This isn't exclusively a trading...