or Connect

Posts by goneAWOL

Ebay thrift... kind of.   I saw this auction, and after a few bids I decided to pull the trigger on the BIN.  Definitely a little risk involved  http://www.ebay.com/itm/110899708579?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1156   So it arrived in the mail today, and what was in the package?   [[SPOILER]]
I'm having trouble deciding whether this is Corneliani, Canali, or Caruso, since the labels are so similar.  My first guess was Corneliani, but then I thought the script "Superfine 100'S" looked like something on a Caruso jacket.  Then I realized that it could also be Canali since that has such a similar label.  Any insight?  
  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking these are nothing to get excited about.  When you see "genuine leather" and "man-made materials," I think that's a sign of lower quality.     A hand-written note does sound like a good idea, especially on high-dollar sales.  There have been a few times in the past when I was selling lower-dollar items like Zanella slacks or Brooks Brothers shirts, and I decided to throw in an addition pair of slacks or shirt for free....
  This sounds like it would solve all my problems.  I have messed around with lighting A LOT, but still have had trouble getting great results.  I'm adding this lens to my list of things to get.           If true, that is some valuable information right there.  I did not know that, and I doubt many others did either
    Is that lens significantly better than the 18-55mm lens that comes standard with a Nikon?  That's what I always shoot with, just because I know absolutely nothing about my camera or photography in general.  I do know that I'm often unsatisfied with my listing pictures... probably because I don't know what I'm doing.
  The only good thing to come out of this thread in the last 24 hours.  Glad to have you back !   On a side note, may I remind people that there is a "block member" button (I just mentally block).  Ignoring people may be a more effective way to make people go away than arguing, and it takes up fewer posts.
  I've seen that label on Canali dress shirts before, so I would assume its real but a bit old.  Sounds odd though... polyester outerwear in the style of a sportcoat?
    If I don't strike a deal with anyone, then I'll probably be holding on to these for a while for future barters.  So if you ever find a Kiton in 16/35", you know who to talk to!
Some recent finds.   Ties:   [[SPOILER]]   Suits & SC's   [[SPOILER]]   Shirts:   [[SPOILER]]