or Connect

Posts by goneAWOL

Receive check in mail for consignment sales with LuxeSwap... spend money next day in LuxeSwap store.   I couldn't pass up that promo code, too good of deals!  I see how you make money in this business Spoo.
Speaking of ebay sellers, this is my pet peeve seller.  Seriously, who would buy a suit from this dbag? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAUREN-PURPLE-LABEL-MENS-CASHMERE-3-PIECE-SUIT-VEST-BROWN-PLAID-42L-6495-/330771665650?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item4d038712f2#ht_14998wt_1344
  You might be right with a lot of this, but it sure would be nice to be able to post some finds without being hounded by a bunch of guys with 5 posts who want every measurement on a Brioni shirt, even though they are only willing to pay $15.   At least with a thread with invited members you know its all good guys who aren't trying to get a steal off you.
  You might want to delete his full name from the post
I have three labels I can't figure out.  Any ideas?   First is on a Salvatore Ferragamo SC     Second is on a Donna Karen Sartoriale SC.  I realize DKNY stuff is usually nothing notable, but the jacket is fully canvassed and appears to be great quality.     Last is on a Luciano Barbera mainline SC (not sartoriale)  
  I've done the same thing.  It just takes way too long to upload the pictures to a host then do the html coding for each listing.  And no, I don't think this is too big of a deal, especially because eBay now has higher quality images.  It seems like tons of sellers are making that move, and I'm guessing buyers will get more used to it in the future.
  I don't think so.  I asked my tailor (who also makes bespoke garments) to do that with one of my jackets, and he said it wouldn't hold up because of the way the lapels are constructed.  
I try to run my operations out of my closet, but things inevitably spread throughout my apartment.     While I'm posting these pictures, I'll brag about my personal wardrobe I've built up in the past year since I started thrifting.  All the dress shirts hanging are mine to keep, along with several of the suits, sc's, and pairs of shoes.  I did a little counting, and I came up with:   shirts: 8-10 Brioni 3 Kiton 3 RLPL 3 Borrelli 3 T&A 1 Loro Piana 1 Oxxford Some other...
I have a seller that I follow that buys his clothing from one of the highest end men's stores in NYC, and he has absolutely no idea what the brands are that he buys.  He consistently lists his items under the "store name" rather than the brands, and I completely take advantage of it.  
How do you ship ties?  Folded or rolled up, and in a bubble mailer or box?