Posts by goneAWOL

I forgot to mention that I'm looking for Isaia hangers now.  If anyone has any that they will sell, shoot me a PM.  I just bought my Isaia garment bag off the bay for $15, not a bad deal!  
  Is it worth trying to increase the waist suppression?  I've never owned a double vented suit, so I'm not sure of the difficulty and riskiness of doing this.  I took a double vented SC to the tailor a few months ago, and she said she couldn't do much for waist suppression.  That was a "less experienced" tailor though, and I was curious if it would be worth having a better tailor do it.  The last thing I want to do is ruin this suit when I think it already fits pretty...
Fellas, its a thrifting miracle!  That is, unless you're DM7 in which case its just another day.  Anyways, about a month ago I came across a GRAIL find for my area.  It was a solid gray Isaia suit that appeared fairly recent, with flat front pants and side vents.  The best part was, it fit my 6'3, 190 lbs frame very well without a single dollar spent on tailoring.   I figured that find was literally a once in a lifetime deal.  However, never doubt the power of thrifting!...
This happened to me in 3 months during a 5 month timeframe.  I was restricted from selling any item of "desired" brands.  This included Armani, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Lacoste, Polo RL, and all sorts of other designers.  For some reason I could still sell brands like Brioni, Zegna, Kiton, Canali, etc.  Anyways, I have no idea why it kept happening to me, but I built up massive amounts of inventory because of it.  Literally 3 months I couldn't sell that stuff... such a pain in...
This is the tag off one of my SC's, which I assume is newer.  I guess I'm not positive that all newer ones look like this, because this one doesn't have a model name (einstein, rossellini, etc).  And I lied... its white not black.     EDIT: I guess it does have a model name.  I never saw the Pasolini at the bottom.
I've picked up a few recent Hugo Boss SC's.  The more recent ones moved from the canvas size tags to the black computer printed "newer" looking size tags.  I thought the once I've picked up had pretty nice fabric and patterns, and one of them has become a staple in my wardrobe.  
Just looking for some general suggestions here.  I have some thoughts in mind about what I'm considering having done, but I'd like to defer to the experts first.  Thanks!  
  I can't imagine a bespoke suit fitting significantly better than a professionally altered off the rack suit that was the your size to begin with.  I've always thought of Bespoke things as more of a status symbol or pride type of thing, kind of like a custom ordered Lambo, rather than something you would get for better "fit".  So yes, I would say that you could reasonably expect a 6 buck find come close to a bespoke Brioni, given that you have the ridiculous luck to...
  I almost pulled this off... with a pre-owned item. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170810626708?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1192wt_1344
  +2.  Sometimes this thread feels like it is meant to be on some sort of ebay or proprietor support forum, definitely not a forum about style.  I have liked seeing the thrift-fit posts people have been doing though.