Posts by goneAWOL

Does anyone know anything about Polo RL made in USA suits?  Label looks like this:   [[SPOILER]]     I picked up two suits like this and they are pretty sick.  One is a lightgray birdseye, double-vented, with a ticket pocket and side tabs on the pants.  I love it!   On another note, any opinions on this for the ebay listing pic?  This is one of the Polo RL suits (did I mention these suits are awesome?).  I don't have a mannequin.    [[SPOILER]]
I bought two NWOT Hickey Freeman suits from a thrift for 49.99 each, and they were the LTD. line for Dilliards.  I kept one for myself and sold the other for $150, so it was a great deal for me.  Oh and the one I sold was a horribly ugly unvented black with bronzish pinstripes.  Sometimes its easily worth it to spend that kind of money at a thrift.
Picked up my first thrift store cufflinks today.  There was a pretty large donation of vintage ones, and I picked up the ones I liked most.       Back row: Swank, Hickok, Unbranded (but has patent number for to clasp, which I think makes it 1940s-1950s) Front row: Unbranded, Taxco sterling silver       I've done tons of research to try to educate myself on vintage cufflinks, with a little luck.  The two in the front row are probably the best...
    Mani by Giorgio Armani is a diffusion line, that I don't think is even in production anymore.  Every suit I've found under that line has been from the early 90s or earlier and has had awful styling.  They aren't even that rare to find, since they were sold at places like Macy's.  Go ahead and buy it, but there's a good chance you'll regret it.  Either you'll wear it yourself until you realize how awful the styling is, or you'll sell on ebay for a small profit and get...
    The ***** mean its Zegna's diffusion line... pretty much worthless.  I'll take them off your hands though if they're around size 34.   Okay... maybe it means they are made by Incotex.  
    That looks super recent to me.  Maybe even current.  Zegna labels say on the bottom left whether they are suits or sport coats.  Mines a jacket, and you can see it says that by all the black thread.   Brian, that might even be NWOT.  Sometimes I think that retailers will donate items for whatever reason, and mark the label with a sharpie to make sure no one tries to return it.  I don't see any other reason that labels would have a marker through them.  I see it on...
NWOT Theory Sportcoat $80 shipped CONUS (international buyers PM me)   Tagged 44R, but may work better for a 42-43R 64% Cotton, 36% Linen Two button closure Double Vented (still sewn shut)   Measurements: Pit-to-pit:  22.25" Waist (at top button):  21.25" Length (from bottom of back of collar):  31" Shoulder width:  19.5" Sleeve length:  26"   PM me with any questions.  
If anyone is interested in trying this out, I read in a book that you can use a coat of clear nail polish on shell buttons to give them a nice shine. I was thinking about trying that on the ones that I "clouded over" with the oxy method.  I haven't gotten around to it, but I thought someone else may be interested.
Thanks, I never actually noticed the wrinkles on the back of the leg.  The fabric is a very fine, lightweight wool/mohair blend so I figured that wrinkling would naturally occur everywhere.  I see what you mean with the unbalanced trousers though, its visible from the side as well.     Are the blades separate from the shoulders themselves?  I thought the shoulder width was pretty good on this suit.  Is blade width an easy fix?   Finally, just to make sure, would you...
Ebay scammers are few and far between.  I've never experienced one even with ~1,000 transactions.  The more common problem is people who abuse buyer protection, and you'll know when that is happening.  I can't believe I'm joining in on the ebay talk...